Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 1/3/14 11:45 pm - IL

Good Morning,

I hope everyone is ready for the artic blast we are suppose to be getting. Please make sure your cars and vans are gassed up. Your pets are inside and you are dressed warm enough. I sound like a Mom, but we all need to be careful.

We are heading up to Annette's this afternoon, instead of tomorrow. I put together a fruit tray to take. We will leave what is left up there, since I have enough to make another one for us. I used 1/2 a pinapple, 1/2 a canalope, 2 large slices of watermelon, grapes and strawberries. It really looks good enough to eat.

What are you doing today?

Hugs, and stay warm.

Lisa

crystal M.
on 1/4/14 1:11 am, edited 1/4/14 1:12 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am not ready for that arctic blast and I am worried about whether or not my car will start.  I have an old battery and though it hasn't shown any signs of dying it does have about 60K miles on it.  So I am debating on things I am going to do to make sure it starts.  The most radical and most work would be to bring my battery inside (this is something my grandfather would do on frigid nights).  Other options would be to start my car every 4 hours and let it run for 10-15 minutes...but that means doing that through out the night too.  I could also put a wool blanket over the engine...but I'm not sure how much that would help.  So these are the options I have come up with.

I have a million things to do today and can't seem to get my butt in gear.  I got to bed so late (2:45am)...I stayed up to be with Chris.  I made him creamy cheesy potato and bacon soup and a grilled ham and cheese.  It was cold and it seemed like a soup kind of night.  I didn't have the soup....I don't like that kind of soup.  So I packed it all up for Chris to take to work for lunch.  When I buy cold cuts I buy the Applegate brand....there are no nitrates or nitrites...and of course its hormone and antibiotic free.  I just think it's better quality...it just tastes better than the cheaper stuff.  Look into it...I bought black forest ham yesterday its good. 

Talking about meat that is hormone free and and antibiotic free and even grass fed....Walmart sells chicken and pork that is the afore mentioned.  Funny thing is they still don't have any beef.  they also have organic soups, peanut butter, marinara sauce, gluten free pasta.  They are really starting to step it up a little. 

So I got to get off my lazy butt...so have a great day all...bye

ChristineB
on 1/4/14 2:29 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Crystal, Dave is an AC/DC power engineer and I just asked him about your concern with the "miles" you have on your vehicle battery. He says that it has nothing to do with the amount of miles but with the voltage. He said 77 degrees is the ideal temp for a battery. Starting the vehicle periodically is an option also.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

ChristineB
on 1/4/14 2:34 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Yikes, fruit and veggies are usually so high at this time of year in the store.

We have been to Costco, got there too early and opted to walk around a local Target store, went back to Costco and PU what we had on our list. I could not find (easily) the tortilla chips we checked out. On the way home is an Aldi so I stopped in and picked some up. At least it is not a huge bag like the big box stores. Gonna chill for the rest of the day.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

berts4
on 1/4/14 3:53 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

That fruit tray sounds awesome!  Good idea to go out today instead of tomorrow.

I figured out what is wrong with me!  It is a good news/bad news type of thing. 

Good news:  Not contagious as it is not caused by a "bug". 

Bad news:  It is withdrawl symptoms from stopping my anti-depressant (Paxil) "cold turkey".    Kind of a long story, but to make it shorter, that is the answer.  I called the clinic and spoke to the doctor on call and she said that at this point, if I really don't want to take it anymore (which I was going to speak to my doc this week about) I should "ride it out".  She says there is no harm in that, but it will be uncomfortable.  Have any of you had experience with this? 

I have a lab appointment first thing on Monday, so I will talk to my provider then.  In the mean time, I will treat it as a stomach bug.

Crystal....the best thing would be to bring the battery inside.  Down side to that is having to unhook it and hook it back up in the cold.  Good luck.

Off to my warm bed I go.

Everyone have a lovely day and stay warm.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

birder I.
on 1/4/14 5:25 am - Rockford, IL

Not a good idea to stop that kind of drug without decreasing slowly. Also a good idea to wait till the light comes up like in mid March instead of the dark of January. 

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

berts4
on 1/4/14 7:15 am - Rock City, IL

That's what I heard.  Problem is........I didn't really MEAN to.  It interacted with the Tramadol the dentist gave me for the extraction pain (according to the pharmacist).  I DID take it for a day with the Tramadol, then thought it would be ok to not take both for a day or so.  Since I was wanting to stop anyway, I just kind of "forgot" to take the Paxil.

I HATE HOW OH DELETES STUFF !!! (NOT LIKE I AM HAVING ENOUGH ISSUES........)

NOW.......my concern is.....if all I need to do is "ride it out"....how best to do that?  Sometimes, I feel normal.  Then, out of the blue, I will start heaving REALLY LOUD (since they broke my "puker" in the GBS).   I have tremors, diahreha, mental confusion, fatigue, dizziness, etc......  (google it)  I just feel like trying to sleep it out.  The only way I can figure to do that is more Tramadol, Melatonin or Zzz-quill. (None of this sounds right.....) Problem is.....I don't know how long this may be.  I have been googling all day and can't get a good answer.......

Thanks for any help you all can be!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 1/4/14 5:50 am - Joliet, IL

Dawn-  Amanda used to take Effexor for anxiety for a couple of years.  When she decided she didn't want to take it anymore her doctor had her wean off of it.  Because it can cause some terrible withdraw symtoms.  Amanda did a 6 month step down.  And in the end she felt no withdraw  at all.  I'm sure if you wanted to you could ru**** a little to 3 months.  But I agree completely with Connie.  You should never just stop taking these kinds of medicines.  Amanda once let her RX lapse...she was in college (what do you expect).  Within two days she was feeling horrible.  She was at Walgreens getting that RX filled ASAP.  I can tell you she never did that again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1087 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5610 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5354 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5385 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5420 views