Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 1/31/14 7:56 pm - IL

Good Morning,

Another 3-4 inches on the ground. UGH!!!  And more to come! At least we only have, officially 6 more weeks of winter. This horrible season is almost over with.

I need to start cookies for a Rainbow thing Monday night. I will bake them today, then decorate tomorrow. I am also going to start painting the wall in the dining room. Hubert finally brought in all the stuff I needed to get started. So, Iwill be busy today.

Yesterday, he changed the locks on the front door. We are now in the21st century, with a keyless lock. Just a combo. 

Carla, I messaged you last night.

To our new friends Joan and Lisa, you can start the Roll call anyday. Whoever gets on firsr does it. 

Dawn, I am making chili for supper tonight. 

Crystal, your sloppy joe cassarole looks great. I may have to try it.

Jason, if you do get on facebook, you can friend me. 

Sharon and Chris, what plans do you have for today?

Connie, have fun knitting.

Hugs and stay indoors if you can. It will be brutal today.

Lisa

birder I.
on 1/31/14 10:09 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning,

It is snowing pretty heavily right now. If this continues it will be a lot. The yarn shop didn't have electricity some of yesterday. Apparently some thing major underground will have to be dug up through the frozen ground. Lovely! The whole strip mall was out including a restaurant. We don't know about today.

If we stay home it may be a soup cooking day. We'll see.

Have a good day and stay warm. My latest shawl is on my FB page.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Watson
on 1/31/14 10:47 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Good morning,

UGH indeed! I heard on the news yesterday that we can see 6 to 8 more storms before Winter is over with. I wish Spring would hurry up and get here already. Indeed 6 more weeks of Winter left and it's almost over with. I'll be going out with my aunt late this morning for a late breakfast/late lunch when she comes over to pick up her two dogs today.

Good luck in getting work done with that you need to do between now and over the next few days.

Will do once I sign up for Facebook. I bought my new computer yesterday, a friend of mine will help me set it up when he is over next time between this weekend and next weekend. He did say something helping me to set up Facebook for me since I'll be new to it and he'll show me and tell me the do's and don'ts about facebook.

How is everyone? Who wants to go get Old Man Winter and beat hime up? Who's with me?

Take care and, keep warm, and keep warm.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

crystal M.
on 1/31/14 11:04 pm - Joliet, IL

Jason-  I finally looked up what your surgery was....I had no idea what it was.  I told Chris about it because he works at Northwestern on the neurology floor.  Chances are he may have you as a patient (if you are assigned to him).  Small world!!!!

Watson
on 1/31/14 11:49 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

I had to look it up myself when I found out that I have Chiari Malformation Type 1 last year. I not sur if I ran into Chris at Northwestern or not, but I think I do have Dr. Bendok. Not sure if Dr. Bendok works with Chris or not. Small world indeed!!!!

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

crystal M.
on 2/1/14 12:10 am - Joliet, IL

I don't think you would have ran into him so far.  He works 2nd shift 3-11pm.  He doesn't work for any specifc doctor.  He works on the nuerology floor.  So he sees any neurology patients in the hospital...including people that are recovering from strokes or seizures and and any kind of brain surgery. 

But I will ask him if he knows that doctor.

Watson
on 2/1/14 7:01 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Okay. There is times where I am there in the afternoon during the 3 o'clock hour if I had a appointment or running late with the appointment. Cool. Sounds like he's a busy person.

Okay.

crystal M.
on 1/31/14 10:55 pm, edited 1/31/14 11:07 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am so glad it's Saturday....I'm still working from home but at least I got to linger in bed for awhile and relax for a bit.  Last night I didn't work when I got home.  I stayed at work late and ran to do groceries.  When I came home I set up my mixer...finally.  And I did make that sloppy casserole.  I used ground turkey, instead of beef and it still tasted great.  I cleaned up a little and relaxed a bit.

Work is just plain stressful.  They fired someone Thursday.  Yesterday a girl had enough and just walked out and quit.  And of course the payroll manager put her 2 week notice last week.  They are dropping like flies around me.  It's this new system.  It bombed out big time.  Everyone is wayyy behind...there are problems with everything.  And the management just keeps putting pressure on you to your get stuff done.  Like me for instance....I HAD to have the month of December done by Friday!!!  Mind you I had only 2 weeks to do it in and I am new to this system so I am slower to process everything.  And everything is stopping and having to learn how to do it...like if a customer over pays something or short pays something.  So it takes me longer.  But management doesn't seem to understand that???  So December is done and now I have to get January done.  I feel like I'm running in place!!!!  I am hoping that eventually everything will get back to normal.  Sure my check was more than double than it usually is...but these 16-18 hour days are killing me!!! 

There I am done venting about work!!!!  I am still managing to eat well.  But no exercising at all right now

Today I am staying in.  I am working at home (of course I am working).  I am making a cheesecake.  Someone actually paid me to make a cheesecake.  Chris keeps telling me I should go into business selling them.  This is the third one I sold....so I guess I am kind of in business.  I don't know why but I just have a knack for cheesecakes and can pretty much make any kind you want.  Which is what I tell people.  I tell them any kind of cookie, candybar, fruit, flavor cheesecake...and they look completely overwhelmed....Hahaha!!!  Today I am making chocolate peanut butter.

Hey I am MIA for a couple of days and meet and greet is planned and we get 2 new people!!!

Which by the way WELCOME!!!!  When I showed up here 6 years ago (wow...has it been that long!!!) I just fit right in and the rest is history.  They have become family to me.  They know everything about me because we come on here and talk about our troubles both weight related and anything else, we talk about our families, our lives.  So stick around and let us get to know you!!! 

Oh Amanda got her latest care package.  She asked for some new underware.  Poor thing her underware was getting worn out.  She was so excited about this underware.  She said they were so new and pretty... she hated to wear them and get them dirty....hahaha!!!!  She also got her yummy homemade brownies and she said they still fresh as ever.  I wi**** wasn't so expensive to send her stuff (the average package costs me $60) I would send her something more often.  She is always so grateful and it makes me so happy.  For the new ladies.  My daughter is a 1 year and 1/2 into a stint in South America...she joined the Peace Corp.   

One more thing....I hate Winter, snow, and the cold.  I am sick of the whole business!!!

Well time to get on with my day.  Stay warm everyone

crystal M.
on 1/31/14 11:00 pm, edited 1/31/14 11:00 pm - Joliet, IL

Lisa-  

The sloppy joe meal was really easy to make.  I had it done and in the oven within 10 minutes.  And it's definitely a guy meal.  Like I said I added bacon to Chris's part and he wolfed it down. 

My apartments have a keyless entry...I have what they call a key fob though.  I just wave it in front of the thing and it beeps and my door opens.  I like it when my hands are full of groceries.  It's a lot easier to get in the door. 

Karen R.
on 2/1/14 1:51 am

Hello everyone! Hope you all are not snowed in. We got 6 more inches of snow in  the last 24 hours. I was going to go to Peoria today, but I have decided to stay put. IDOT said to please stay off the road unless it's nessasary. Going to get lunch at Ming's isn't nessary! So I am making homemade egg noodles and chicken soup! Already smells yummy in the house. Well I won't keep ya all, I am going back to my warm blankie. Have a safe day.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1087 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5610 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5354 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5384 views
Thursday Roll Call