Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 2/28/14 9:35 pm - IL

It is March 1, 2014, ya think we might ever get any relief from this winter? They are calling for mega snow again over this weekend! Me thinks I am going to stay in today. I was hoping to go to Utica this evening for the Mardi Gras parade, but that isn't going to happen It is just to darn cold and possible snowstorm. So, we will have shrimp at home tonight.Maybe on a big  spinach salad.

No real plans for today. I have some projects I am working on, so I will be busy.

What is on your agenda?

Hugs,

Lisa

Kim M.
on 2/28/14 11:15 pm - Poplar Grove, IL

Good morning.

I think today Ryan and I are going to go to Benson Stone and look at counter tops.   Then sometime today, we have to do our taxes.  How many of you do your own taxes?  I want to try Turbo Tax.  I don't see spending $200-300 on getting them done.  Besides a few write offs, they are fairly simple.  Then we are just gonna relax as a family.  Maddie is grounded this weekend, so she will be hanging with us.  I tried to get firewood, and every guy I called is out:(

That about wraps it up for me...oh, my dizziness is not as bad, but i still have it. I think it may have something to do with my stomach also.  I haven't been able to hold anything down for a week or so.  Maybe one meal out of 6 is able to stay down.  Hope everyone stays safe in this snow storm we are supposed to get. 

Later,  Kim 

LisaTucker
on 2/28/14 11:58 pm - IL

Kim, 

I do our taxes using Turbo Tax. We have used it for years, for the same reason. It was costing to much at H&R Block. We have never had a problem using it.

LISA

crystal M.
on 2/28/14 11:59 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am in relaxing heaven right now.  I don't have to work this weekend.  It's so nice not having that hanging over my head.  Of course this is a short reprieve.  I am now a week behind.  I am not back in the old system yet and cannot do anything yet.  Ugh the fun starts all over.

I won't be relaxing for long...I have lots of cleaning and laundry to do.  I have errands to do (Walgreens, Fruitful Yield, Comcast).  I want to get everything done before the snow comes.  Yuck.

I am calling Amanda today also.....can't wait to talk to her.  I haven't been able to talk to her the way I wanted to.  Today I am going to talk and talk.  It will be nice to sit back and catch up with her.  We have been texting a lot. 

I do my own taxes and to be honest I also wait till the last minute.  I'm the one doing them the night before.  I am terrible.  I also refuse to pay.  I will go to Taxact.com that gives you the free Federal...and use the Federal to fill out a manual state form.  Nope I won't even pay the extra $17 for the state.  I hate doing my taxes and every year I say I should just pay to have them done...but I end up doing them.  I used to do my daughter's too.  But she's in Peru...so I don't have hers to do right now at least...LOL!!!

Well I am going to get ready and run out to get my running around done.  Have a great day all...see ya

gtrdyfor50
on 3/1/14 3:24 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Hi everyone,

Busy morning for us so far with my son's bowling, and then we went to watch one of his friends play basketball. I ran to Target a little while ago to get a gift card for a birthday party that he is going to later this afternoon.

After that party, the rest of the weekend will be spent relaxing with some shoveling inbetween.

We have an accountant do our taxes only because she does my husband's side business books first, then does our family taxes.

Stay safe everyone in this next big storm!

Joan

Karen R.
on 3/1/14 3:51 am

I have not got much to do today. I did most of my work through out the week. I really needed to go the do some laundry but I got lazy. Made some awesome Tuna Salad for lunch, something I don't do very often because it's not my favorite food. I experimented with it and it was pretty good. a wee too much onion in it but do able! Just a day of watching movies! Please stay safe if you get the snow all, we are to get another maybe 8 inches here in me neck of Illinois.

Later

~Karen 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1087 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5610 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5354 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5384 views