Friday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 10/23/14 8:46 pm - IL

Good Morning,

Counting today, we roll back the clocks the evening of the 10th day. I don't know about all of you, but even though it will get darker earlier, it will be lighter when we get up. I really like that.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Just errands today, an Octoberfest to attend tomorrow night, and a 90th birthday to attend on Sunday.

What are you doing this weekend?

It was nice to hear from Jason yesterday.

My hair has always been super dry. I started using Redkin products and that helps.

Have a great day,

Huggers,

Lisa

ChristineB
on 10/23/14 10:23 pm, edited 10/24/14 4:15 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I told the Wizard of Work where to go last night at 10:30 and put in an absence request via email. AAAWWWW, nice not to have the stress of being at work but I have a lot to do here at home.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

LisaTucker
on 10/24/14 12:58 am - IL

Sometimes ya just have to take a me day, for no reason.

CORRECTION: Clocks go back on the 8th day.

Lisa

crystal M.
on 10/24/14 2:45 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am super busy today.  Last day of month end for us and I have to have everything in by the end of the day.  No overtime either.  Which is ok with me.  I have plans today after work with friends.

I do use salon quality hair products.  The steps I take to make sure my hair stays healthy in spite of the what I do to it (flat iron, hair dryer, hair color).  I have been told it's not healthy and dries out your hair to wa**** every day.  I no longer do that.  I take a shower every day...but I put my hair up and only wa**** every other day.  I use high quality hair products on my hair.  I use a heat protectant on my hair before I use the hair dryer and flat iron.  Once a week I do a moisturizing mask.  And it is working my hair was breaking off so badly it looked like I cut it and I didn't.  It is starting to grow again.  My problem is I have such fine hair and it is so sensitive. 

I did an October fest earlier in the month...it was fun.

Well I better get back to work.  See you al later.

berts4
on 10/24/14 5:16 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Illinois!!!!

I can't believe how long it's been since I checked in!  I hope everyone is doing well.  I am.

I have been cast in a shadowcast production of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and show nights are tonight and tomorrow night.  Dress rehearsal last night lasted until 12:30 am and I didn't get to bed until 2:00 am!  Very late for me, but I only have to do it for two more days.  I am having a blast!  This is kind of a big deal for me.  I have always been interested in theater and was actually cast in high school but that play got cancelled.  Then, my life changed drastically.  I have always been interested in theater and, as some of you know, I was involved with my kids for the last 6-7 years.  I did not audition myself for many reasons, although I wished that I could've/would've/should've.  When THIS show came up, I figured, "why not?  Can't get cast if I don't audition".  Not only was I cast, but I am now playing Magenta and involved in many of the scenes.  I am the oldest person in the building, but I keep up with those youngsters quite well.  This is giving me the confidence to try for other shows with a greater commitment.   AND.......the cherry on top??????  Last night, most (if not all) of the cast were indulging in rum and coke to, "loosen up and get comfortable".  NOT ME!!!!!!  I am doing this SOBER!  Hahahahahaha!  Who would have thought??????

I also have applied and have an interview on Wednesday for a position at the bank where I used to work.  In retrospect, I should never have left my position there.  By now, I would have been an officer and earned my gold watch for 20 years of service.  The position is in the Trust/Retirement Department, which I find fitting, since I would LOVE to be retired.  I can do this job with my eyes closed.  If it is offered, I will most likely accept as it is a fantastic place to work and it would be a fine ending to my career years.

Other than that, I am missing Liv a lot.  She is doing well, I just miss her being here.  She is very busy and isn't as communicative as she once was.  I am working on getting her home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  She did not thing she would be home for Thanksgiving (due to cost), but I am working on a plan to be able to afford both flights.

David comes and goes and Todd is usually easier to live with lately.

I do think of you often and I wish nothing but great things for you all!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

snoopygirl1968
on 10/24/14 12:57 pm - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

We are heading to the St. Louis area for the weekend.  I'm looking forward to it.  We are visiting friends, going to the Soulard Farmer's Market and Eckert's family pumpkin farm.  I can't wait for some relaxation.  The kids are doing well.  Parker had his JH Halloween Dance tonight and had a good time.  The girls will have their in class parties on Halloween.  I can't believe we are almost to the end of October.  Where has the time gone?  

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1097 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5620 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5363 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5392 views
Thursday Roll Call