revision

Lora Leach
on 9/23/15 7:24 am - Goreville, IL

Good Morning to all! I am 10 yrs post op and am going to look into a revision as I have gained almost all my weight back that I lost. For the last 5 yrs or so, when I eat, I am hungry within 20 minutes. And I always eat my protein first as to keep myself full. And I can eat wayyyyy more than your average bypass pt. Also, when I had my surgery, my beginning weight was 400.. I only lost 120lbs and it took me a longgg time to lose that, even with being active, exercising, eating right,etc.

What I am wondering, is I have illinois medicaid.. will they pay for a revision if the dr says I need to have one done? Im in the process of getting a referral from my PCP as thats where I was told to start. Anyone that has been through this, any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

carlak
on 9/23/15 7:57 pm - Bradenton, FL

I to am going for a revision. I am going to Dr John Linn at Evanston Hospital in Octiber 2nd. I drive up here from Florida. I haven't gained any of my weight back. My stomach has stretched. But my pitch hasn't.

My insurance is Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield and I don't think I need I need authorization. Mine is medically necessary cause there is mesh involved.

I think you will need to call Medicaid to see if they will cover a revision first.

Carla

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5601 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5344 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5372 views