Rainy Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 10/31/15 6:33 am - IL

Happy Halloween,

I feel so bad for the the little ghost and goblins that want to go trick or treating in our downtown district this morning.

For me, I didn't plan on going out today at all. I am still working in the back bedroom. the closet is done, but there is a fair amount of stuff I need to deal with. Maybe a big black plastic bag will be the best way to do it.

Nancy, when I worked from home some years ago, the boss said make sure you you are dressed, makeup on, and keep your business side away from your personal side. I still try to do that when I am working on the rental stuff we have.

Crystal, your costume sounds cute.

I am heading to the kitchen, so I can get some breakfast, then back to the bedroom and deal with the leftovers.

Hugs and try to stay dry if you do venture out.

Lisa

crystal M.
on 10/31/15 9:17 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Happy Halloween!!!!

I am relaxing my morning away. I spent the evening last nigh****ching scary movies. I am now watching Halloween...LOL.

Then tonight is the yucky food party...LOL. The only bummer is that it doesn't start till 7pm. I have to get up for church in the morning. So I said we are leaving at midnight no matter what...LOL

Nancy- coming from a family of CNAs that worked in various nursing homes and the consensus is that your loved ones get better care when you visit often. And when you do visit... visit at different times of the day. Because the more unscrupulous places will have your routine down and have him cleaned up and looking shiny for your regularly timed visit. If you come at different times then they don't know what to expect. They are forced to have him "family" ready at all times. Sad but this is true. This is why visiting your loved ones is so important.

Amanda's grandma will be going to rehab care soon too....hopefully. It's been 3 weeks now. They are slowly getting her off the respirator. One step at a time. The good thing is that there is such a big family...there will always be someone visiting. When I visited last week...she had over 10 people that day.

Well I am going to enjoy my movie now...have a good spooky day....

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5347 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5409 views