Foggy Friday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 10/30/15 5:23 am - IL

TGIF, We have no plans for this weekend. It seems like it is feast or fame.

I have everything out of the guest room/Morgans room, the bedroom is a total mess. That will be cleaned up today, if nothing else in the house gets done. Sheets to be done in our bedroom, but if it doesn't, will do tomorrow.

Crystal, I will try your meatloaf with ritz crackers the next time I make one.

Dawn, enjoy the planning of Todd's party and enjoy your trip with the girls.

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 10/30/15 9:39 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

What a great Friday. We are having a Halloween party at work. I wore a Halloween shirt that says "if the broom fits ride it"....everyone loves it. And I have orange nails.

Tomorrow and Sunday I have Halloween parties to go to. The only complaint I have about the party Saturday at his sister's. This sounds weird but she always serves fancy food. It's just not my type of food. You wouldn't know it by Greg because he is so down to earth. But they grew up with money and you can tell with his sisters. Their taste in food and other things runs on the fancy end. I don't like fancy food. So I end up going to these parties and picking at the food. I mean who serves brie and caviar at a BBQ...LOL...blah. The last party I brought Pringles with me and munched on that all evening...I know how healthy is that. ...that is what I would eat all night. I think tomorrow I will bring some trailmix. It's not that I am obsessed with food but when everyone around you is enjoying food...you would like something to eat too. And how can I tell them I don't like their food.

Lisa- by the way...I put a whole sleeve of Ritz for every 1 1/2 lbs of meat.

Well time to get back to work. Have a nice Halloween Eve

Nancy G.
on 10/30/15 2:43 pm - La Salle, IL

Hello All!

Well I survived my first week at work! I think I spent most of it hanging out at the help desk waiting for my computer issues to be resolved. I began to think I was going to become a computer room pest lol. It seemed that every time I turned around another issue popped up. I did not think I would ever get everything resolved. It seems to be getting there though. Slowly but surely.

I must say it is strange working from home. The stess level is so low. It is amazing! It is nice and relaxing to be in your robe and home taking work calls. I have a dedicated office assistant. Gizmo has decided to take the job. He occupies the cat bed that is on the corner of my desk. He comes to work just after I start and stays the entire day sleeping. I get to listen to him purr or snore all day long.

Claude is really good. He waits until 3:30 and then comes and bugs me. The others wait until lunch or break time for their snuggles.

It is an adjustment in getting used to new equipment and the layout of everything. I am so used to the office equipment and desk set up. All of the sudden things are not where they usually are and that is strange. I dont like my keyboard and mouse so I am trying to adapt to those.

Rick had a small set back this week. He has been moved to a nursing home which is better but he has become severely dehydrated and is now back in the hospital. His electrolytes are really messed up. I have already had a confrontation with the nursing home over neglect. His bed sores are getting worse as they are not changing sheets fast enough or putting medicine on the bed sores. Also they keep loosing things that I take over to Rick Information is not being passed from one shift to another. It came to a head one night and I think they finally realized that they better start providing better care or they will be in trouble. This used to be a good nursing home but its ratings have gone down. I am not thrilled that he is there and I know I have to be alert for that reason so I am trying to stay on top of it and make them realize that they are not going to get away with neglect.

My entrapped nerves are still killing me. The 2 massages have helped a huge amount but I still hurt. I see the doctor Monday and cant wait to see what he says.

Lisa, you have an adventurous year with this being Morgan's senior year and all the exciting events that go with that. She is turning into a pretty young woman. It is so fun to watch them grow up.

Crystal, it is nice to see you so happy. Now if we can get those miserable ears and nose fixed, you will have the world by the hands!

Dawn, what fun you will have planning Dave's birthday party in such fancy surroundings! That is so exciting. Also a trip to go see Liv! You are going to have an exciting month

I pray for some quite time and sleep lol. I feel like I meet myself coming and going. Rick did so much around here. I did not realize just how much. I miss him. So do the "kids" I am exhausted trying to do everything plus take time to go spend with him every evening. I want to be with him but then things at home pile up. Not enough hours in the day.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5347 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views