Any approvals from BCBS of Ill lately?

AmyS
on 5/24/04 11:41 am - ME
Hi, the BCBS of Ill topic has been very quiet lately. I'm hoping this is a good sign and that perhaps people are being approved. Although I doubt the cheapskates at BCBS would dare let that happen They requested more information via letter dated 4/30/04. It's just about ready to send back to them. My 12 months of supervised diet is somewhat sketchy, but it's worth a shot. If anyone has been approved, I'd love to hear about it - and congratulations!! Amy S
prplgirl
on 5/26/04 4:14 am - Elk Grove Vlg, IL
Hi, I was approved from BCBSIL, PPO, but it took alot of work on my end to get the approval. Everytime they asked for more information, I sent it to them. You have to be persistant, and call everyday. Make sure you write down who you talked to, and if you find a nice person there, make sure you get their extension number and ask for that person every time you call! This will help you out! The last request they needed from me was my weight history from my physician for the last 5 years. Hope this helps you out! Good luck! Tricia
AmyS
on 5/26/04 10:54 pm - ME
Thanks Patricia, I have been talking to a woman named Shelley who seems very helpful. She also suggested to me that I send in a personal letter even though it is not a requirement. My surgeon's office has been sitting on my resubmittal paperwork now for almost 3 weeks - they're sooo slow! They are fairly new to this process so I'm trying to be patient. My 12 month diet history is sort of shaky, so I'm not sure what will happen. Thanks again, Amy
ToriJ
on 5/26/04 7:54 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Amy, My surgeon sent a letter requesting the surgery 01/05 after we had our consult. I received a letter from BCBS asking for office notes showing 12 months supervised diet and nutritional counseling. I submitted the info on 03/18 via certified mail. My paperwork got lost in the system until 04/23 and then I received an approval letter 04/28. I turned in food, exercise and mood journals for 12 months, a letter from my nurtitionist saying we had meet and dicussed changes with diet , etc related to the surgery, and a long detailed letter explaining why I should have the surgery. I spent months pulling my hair out and I wish I had not because it went pretty smoothly. My best advice is to stay focused and not be easily swayed by the negativity you hear and/or experience with BCBS. It will happen. It just takes time. I started my journey in June 2003, but I had Humana and couldnt get a referral. I spent the next 6 months waiting to change to BCBS and I worried all the way up until I received the approval letter.
AmyS
on 5/26/04 10:58 pm - ME
Thanks T.J., I'm just glad to hear there are people out there who are actually getting BCBS to approve them. A friend of mine just got her approval through another insurance company very quickly and with no hassle or request for more info at all. After my PCP, my nutritionist, my psychiatrist and my surgeon all have sent in letters stating the medical necessity, is it really right for the insurance company to question that? Thanks again, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5601 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5344 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5372 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5407 views