Primary Care Doc...

Ann B.
on 5/28/04 1:38 am - Good Town, IL
Hi All, I called my insurance company myself, I thought BTC would've taken care of all that, anyway, I let them know that having this surgery is medically necessary, as I am 100+lbs overweight, BMI 46, borderline highblood/diabetes. Anyway, she told me to go to my primary care physician and have him/her call pre-certification dept. to make an exception...the thing is, I just started this insurance about two months ago, and haven't been to the doctor in months. I am trying to find a good doctor. But I'd really love to find a doctor who'd help me to get the WLS. Does anybody know a good primary doctor, preferably in south suburbs, who'll approve WLS? Please help if you can. Thanks
Henry C.
on 5/28/04 2:25 am - Northern, IL
Perhaps your surgeon can refer you to one that he knows will support wls. Good Luck!!
Ann B.
on 5/28/04 2:36 am - Good Town, IL
Thank you...I didn't think of that. Now I am seeking a new surgeon too. I know that won't be hard to find. I'm kind of disappointed with Barix, BTC, or whatever you want to call them.
kathy B.
on 5/28/04 2:38 am - Grant Park, IL
How far south? Also..if you're looking for a good surgeon..check out Dr. Frantzides;) Email me if I can help you in any way
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/04 9:28 pm - Midlothian, IL
where in south burbs??? I have an awesome PCP and he supported my decision for WLS, he's actually in Chicago (Beverly) on 111th & Western ave. Is this close to you? Also there is a wonderful bariatrical surgeon program through Little Company of Mary hospital in Evergreen Park, which is where I had mine. The office staff, the doctors & nurses - too excellent for words. good luck to you Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5347 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5409 views