Where do you go for bloodowrk?

Heather M.
on 5/28/04 10:05 pm - Bourbonnais, IL
OKay, I am getting quite sick of it. I am one year post op RNY and am supposed to get my blood checked at 3,6,9,12 months and then every year. At 3 months I went to Silver Cross hospital in Joliet by my work. It took 3 different occasions before they could finally get enough blood for all the tests. At 6 months I went back, and couldn't get any blood out of me. At 9 months I missed my appointment and never made another one. Now here I sit, needing to get it done before the 2nd of June when I go back to the surgeon. I went to my PCP, MIdwest Physicians in Bourbonnais and it took the lady two sticks in the hand before the pain got to be too much and I left. I am thinking on one of the hospitals down here this morning, but if that doesn't work, then what? I do everything they tell me such as drink plenty of water, warm the skin, lay down with the arm below heart level. AGGGH! It is so frustrating. Where do you go and WHO do I ask for that can get it the first try? It has to be someone who works a morning shift since it is a fasting test and I can't fast all day at work.
Lora Leach
on 5/28/04 11:55 pm - Goreville, IL
Silver Cross, ugh. lol How about trying like a clinic with different drs in the facility that also has a lab in there? I'm not post op, but I had to have bloodwork for different reasons a few months ago and instead of going to our local hospital and waiting FOREVER to get in, I called there and they told me no problem. I dont know whats up there around Joliet anymore, but I'd try something like that. Or maybe you can call the health dept and ask them if they could tell you somewhere. Not sure. Good Luck !
Heather M.
on 5/29/04 12:13 am - Bourbonnais, IL
Horray Horray Yippie! This lady at Riverside Hospital was great! She got me on the first stick! No fishing no nothing and all the vials flowed well. I was shocked. I feel like if I went and played the lottery today I would win big. Her name was Laura G. at Riverside outpatient services. Bright and Early on a Saturday morning. I need to remember this for next time. There was very little waiting even though I had no appointment whatso ever. I think I waited less than 15 minutes in the waiting area and one minute in the room before she came in. Oh boy, what peace of mind I can have now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5347 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5409 views