Recent Posts

crystal M.
on 4/12/14 11:35 pm - Joliet, IL
Topic: RE: Sunday Roll Call

Hello everyone

I had a nice relaxing day yesterday....of course after I cleaned and late last night I even got my taxes done.  Just think I got them done with a couple days to spare...a personal best.  And it only took me about hour or so to do them.  Why do I act like it's such a chore...probably because I hate doing them.  Oh and I even got a nice refund!!!  I wasn't expecting that at all.  I think I am going to treat myself to a new laptop with the money.   

Today my day is full.  I am going to Costco.  Then I am going to meet friends at Hollywood Palms movie theater.  Then I am going to spend the evening with Chris.  But before all that I have to dye my hair.  I also have to find time to call Amanda. 

Well no more sitting around here...see you all later

LisaTucker
on 4/12/14 10:45 pm - IL
Topic: Sunday Roll Call
Good Morning, I am on the Ipad, and for some reason, it will not let mr make a paragraph. So, everything goes together. I am sorry about this. Nothing exciting today, just going to watch Sunday Morning, do a few things, make a Corned Beef for dinner, and goof around. Thats pretty much it for today. I may run out to Walmart, not sure. I won't if it starts to rain. Have a great day. Hugs, LISA
Shellbelle01
on 4/12/14 12:33 pm
Topic: RE: Saturday Roll Call

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I was sleeved on the 8th by Dr, Jonathan Wallace from the Kane Bariatric Center in Hoffman Estates Illinois.  He did an excellent job.  I did have a hiatial hernia that he fixed as welll, but nothing too big to handle.  Have lost 13 pounds since then.  AM walking three times a day doing some stairs.  I would like to know what I can do for loose stools besides meds.  I am still on the liquid phase--for another week.  Thanks for your feedback.

crystal M.
on 4/12/14 2:32 am - Joliet, IL
Topic: RE: Saturday roll call

Hello everyone

I got up and got my house cleaning done....now the rest of the day is a me day.  I am being lazy.  I am watching some movies and sitting on my butt all day.  I was thinking about maybe treating myself to a pedicure.  We shall see. 

It's such a beautiful day I want to take a walk today too. 

I am so happy it really seems that the Winter is over!!!  Yeah!!!

Well I will see you all later.  Enjoy your day....see ya later.  Bye

LisaTucker
on 4/11/14 10:32 pm - IL

Happy Saturday,

Lisa, have a great time in Indiana. It sounds like you are busy as usual. I made a few changes when I started the process, counting calories, looking at labels, more fruits and veggies. I think everyone does something.

We had a good time in the burbs yesterday. The Dr. visit was great! He said to see him in a year or so.I stopped at Jewel for a few things for Passover. B.B.B. for coffees, Sams club for a brisket and a couple of other things, then a few stops on our way home for Hubert.

We went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, I had a bowl of soup, which I didn't finish, and a Ahi Tuna tartare, which I brougt home. I will eat it for lunch.

When we got home, we had a cruise meeting to go to.

All in all, a good way to spend my Birthday. The weather was great too.

Today, I need to pick up the house, then, I am heading outside. It is suppose to reach 79 today.

Have a great day, do something fun,

Hugs,

Lisa

Watson
on 4/11/14 10:21 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Good morning everyone.

I'm happy to it's the weekend too. Glad to hear that you had fun last night. Sounds good in what you ordered, you got your veggies and your protein. I like soup and cheese cake too. There might be some people out there that had to modify their eating once they started their journey, one thing I had to do is to give up soda and other stuff too. When I saw my dietitian before I had my weight loss surgery I was told to have Lean Cuisine meals. Everyone is different when it comes to modifying. I know you'll do good.

I haven't gone to Graceland cemetery yet, not until this Monday. Really, that long? It's been a long time since I was there the last time. I'm looking forward in going this coming Monday. It is a really interesting place. I can't wait to go and visit the place. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sounds like you're going to have some fun today, enjoy. I bet you're looking forward to it.

Have a great day and weekend.

Jason.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

snoopygirl1968
on 4/11/14 9:42 pm - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with
Topic: Saturday roll call

Happy Saturday everyone!!

I am so happy it's the weekend.  We went out for dinner with my mother-in-law last night and it was a lot of fun.  I did my best to be good with what I ordered, chopped steak with a baked potato and broccoli.  I had soup too.  And then I had to go and have cheesecake for dessert.  I didn't fini**** cause I was stuffed, and I did enjoy it.  I know things will be so much different once I hit the losers bench.  Did any of you start modifying your eating right after you decided to have the surgery?  I have quite a while before I start the "official" pre-op diet, but I'm trying to make better choices now.  Any advise any of you have would be much appreciated.

Jason, how did the visit to Graceland cemetery go?  I didn't have time to add to my post regarding that, but I was there back when I was a freshman in high school and I did a report on Alan Pinkerton (it was so cool that my daughter chose the same person).  It is such a really interesting place, and I'm looking forward to going there again.

today we have the Kiwaina's pancake breakfast (which my son't jazz band is providing entertainment) and then we head to Indiana.  I am so looking forward to it!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lisa

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

berts4
on 4/11/14 7:22 am - Rock City, IL
Topic: RE: Friday Roll Call.

Good afternoon Jason and the rest of Illinois!

I am home after 3/4 of the day in Rockford.  IOP, meeting then library and store.  Home now and disappointed.....Liv's Senior pictures were supposed to be in the mail today, but they are not.  We got her graduation things yesterday and the gown is hanging to try to de-wrinkle.

I can't remember if I told you all, but she has chosen to commit to Coastal Carolina University in South Carolina.  It is about 20 minutes inland from Myrtle Beach.  It was the campus that I liked best last year when we did visits, but what do I know about universities?????  I hope this is a good fit for her.  If not, she can always transfer next year if needed.

I am enjoying this weather, but am tired today and feeling a need for a nap.  Not sure it will happen, but the need is there.

Glad to see Lisa (snoopygirl) posting and I loved reading her blog.  Today is Lisa S's BIRTHDAY!!!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!

I am going to head down and rest for a while at least.

You all have a great day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 4/11/14 2:02 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am so glad it's Friday.  And A beautiful Friday too!!!

Work has been pretty good this week...knock on wood.  I haven't gotten yelled at or belittled all week.  So that'a a good thing. 

I am still worried about Chris.  He is so weak and he is going to try to return to work today.  He's probably not ready but there's not much he can do.  I am hoping he can make through his shift.  I don't let on I am worried...with him I am very upbeat an positive.  The last thing he needs is to have any negativity...he is already feeling so down. 

I have slowly taking out my Spring/Summer clothes and wearing them here and there.  People seem to think I look thinner.  I think it's because I'm not wearing the bulky sweaters anymore.  I have lost what I gained plus a couple lbs more....but I don't think that is enough for people to notice. 

Today after work I have a lot of running around to do.  I have to go to Target, JC Penney, Walgreens, Jewel and of course Chipotle....and then at home I have to bake for Amanda...I am sending her an Easter treat.  I am also going to get some Easter baskets together for Chris's boys.  It's been awhile since I did this kind of thing.  It will be fun.  So that's my plans for tonight. 

Well gotta get back to work...see ya...bye

snoopygirl1968
on 4/11/14 1:19 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

I'm sitting here at the office, wishing I was outside.  We are going away for the weekend...just an overnight trip to Elkhart, IN for a get together with a couple of friends.  One of them is celebrating her birthday on Saturday, so we got a cake and wine and presents to have at the hotel.  She is from the Detroit area, and the other friend is from Toledo.  The hotel has an indoor pool, so we are looking forward to fun and relaxation.  Oh, and did I mention wine??  LOL!!  I can't wait for the work week to be over, this has been a rough one.

Have fun at Graceland Cemetery.  My daughter did a report on Alan Pinkerton, who is buried there, and I hope to take her there sometime soon to see his grave.  

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1111 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5630 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5371 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5399 views
Thursday Roll Call