Let's be Supportive & Committed to those who are Struggling

Lynnda
on 1/24/12 6:49 am
Hello! SWL Pals,

I am Lynda, I had my laproscopic bypass surgery June 12, 2008 in Bangor, Maine.   OK, I know I have slacked off for quite sometime, and have put on 24 lbs of the 79 lbs I had lost. I am hoping to touch basis with some or little of you that post or read on here. At one time, there used to be a lot of members on here. (Maine Forum).

I hope we all can be supportive to each other, especially to the ones like me that are struggling with their food plans and exercise. I know, for the last 2 -3 months I have really slacked off regarding my exercise, so I am now recommitting & dedicating myself to be faithful at exercise & eating healthy. I am very thankful for Patty P. for being supportive yet, firm with me.

I already know if it is to be, it's up to me, to get this 68 extra pounds off. i am concentrating on 1 step, 1 pound and 1 day at a time.

We all need each other at this time. Let's don't give up on each other.

Who is ALL with me and others to get back into being faithful to this message board. I really believe a lot of people read this Maine Forum, and are afraid to post. I know I was earlier, and at times, I still am.

I would love to thank you for your time.

May you all keep up the great work on your weight loss journey.

Your SWL Pal,
Lynda H.
micbrook
on 2/1/12 11:42 pm - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Hi  Lynda

Hope  things  are going well with you.    Have you tried the  five day pouch test yet.   You can look it up on line or here at  obesity help.  Basically it is  three days liquid protein shakes  and then two days of soft protein.   It is a good resetting mechanism for us to remember what we should be eating.

I am doing it right now as my daughter in law is getting ready to have the sleeve next week so shawn and i are doing liquids right now to support her.  The first few days are rough but it is not to bad after that.   I find that it  gets rid of my sweet tooth that hounds me occasionally.
Sugar still makes me dump and that is ok so i do watch what i put in to my mouth.   Hope you get back on track.

Take care

Patty

Lynnda
on 2/2/12 8:16 am
Patty,

Yes, I am doing the 5 day pouch test. I started it today.  I have a question, can I mix frozen fruits with my greek plain yogurt & whey protein, when I am doing liquids. Give me some examples for protein shakes, can I mix ground flaxseed in my shakes?
A. Watson
on 5/20/12 3:07 am
RNY on 08/07/12

Hey Lynda how have you been since your last posting on this thread?

I would really like to know how you are doing now, and other ways that you have been working on losing the weight that you recently gained as well any other struggles you might have.

I myself am going to be having laparoscopic gastric bypass and would really like to know more of how you felt afterwards and any obstacles you might have had upon returning home up until now.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

God Bless!

Sincerely,
A. Watson

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Most Active