4yr. surgiversary and NEED HELP!

dolfinluvr77
on 4/25/12 5:02 am - Moorhead, MN
It has been a very long time since I've been to this board, or posted!
Next week will be 4yrs. since my surgery where I had great and quick success.
I have managed, however, to regain about 30#'s!!! I was warned and told of this happening but you never think it will. It's crept up gradually to the point where now I look down and my tummy seems to stick out and my butt seems to stick out again. Sigh...
I was looking back at 6-month and 1-yr. post-op pics and I can't BELIEVE how skinny I was!!

I need serious help, advice, kick in the butt, and from somewhere, motivation to get back on track!!
I have found I don't eat quality foods. I eat almost whatever I want, just smaller quantity than I used to be able to pre-op. And I have become a wine drinker of at least 2 glasses every night!

ANYONE else out there May 2008 or 4-yr. post -op that can help?

Are there any support groups in Fargo/Moorhead area??
      Began my journey in 2008 at 246#....lost 111#...have regaind about 35#'s of which I am currently trying to rectify!

PMarie
on 4/25/12 8:49 am - Bloomington, MN
 I will say that once I stopped drinking wine regularly, I lost 8 lbs without doing anything else.

I think we all need to remember the basics-- small portions, protein firs****ch the refined carbs-- all usual stuff.  Easier said than done, I know.

I find that when I start tracking everything I see just how much extra crap I'm eating, and it helps me realize very quickly where I need to make changes.  I use mydaily plate, but there are lots of other tracking tools.

Marsha F.
on 4/25/12 11:06 pm
I understand totally.  I have gained weight and became a beer drinker.  It started out with 1 1/2 little bottles of beer ( im talking the tiny bottles) and I have now graduated to anywhere from 5-15 cans.
Saturday is what did it for me, my stomach still does feel the greatest, can't eat much at all.  How stupid of me, I liked the feeling of it and it started every other weekend, then it was every weekend then it was every weekend plus 1 day a week, then 2 days a week, and the weekend, ****I am here for you, we can beat this and get back on track.  If you want to send me a IM.  I go to Fargo once and awhile to see my mom and visit my dads grave, so when I get that way I will let you know and we can maybe hook up.

Take care and WE CAN BEAT THIS......................

dolfinluvr77
on 4/25/12 11:33 pm - Moorhead, MN
Hey Marsha,
That be cool if we could hook up. Your situation does totally resemble mine. I am not sure how it graduates so fast from occasional drink to a couple every night. I just look forward to that glass or two of wine after I put the kids to bed!

Problem is I am a "single" parent most nights of the week and my time literally goes by SO fast with other stuff I literally have no spare time to exercise. I know it sounds like an excuse but I can't make extra time in the day!! And I am SO exhausted by 8 or 9p.m. when things are all wrapped up.

So between the (increasing) drinks and lack of exercise...uffda!
debim3
on 5/6/12 4:26 am - Roberts, WI
My situation is similar, but I don't drink alcohol...I eat chocolate.  I know it doesn't sound the same and I know it sounds stupid. But I get crabby and irriitable if I don't eat it and I think about it all the time. I have been known to go for "walk" (so my BF doesn't know what I'm going to do) and I'll walk to the gas station and buy 2 or 3 candy bars and have at least gone by time I get home and hide the others to eat while I sit and do homework or am on the computer.  I feel so out of control and unable to stop. So while I may not be drinking, I understand addiciton...
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1378 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1149 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2621 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2702 views