Morbidly obese and depressed!

connie P.
on 11/1/03 12:23 pm - owasso, ok
I need an angel who will pray for me! I would like to find some one wno is serious about God and helping through this. I hate my doctor. He is rude!and laughs in my face when I say after ten years of dieting that I don't know how to lose weight because nothing is working for me. Does any one who is obese have Thyriod problems along with diabetes! How can I find a doctor who will take me seriously. I am sick of diets and sick of being me! I hate how I look. How do I find a doctor who is apart of the community care HMO. I have chest pains at times, but not all the time! Connie
Desi G.
on 11/1/03 5:18 pm
Connie First of all, I will pray for you! Some of us know first hand how frustrating and depressing it can be to have a doctor who doesn't care. I had to try several different doctors before I found one who would really fight for me. Secondly, I had Diabetes II and Thyroid problems...along with High Blood PRessure, Sleep Apnea, long term UTI's, constant bronchial infections that would always turn into pneumonia, edema, plantar fascitis and more. I had my surgery on July 2, 2003 and I am almost completely free of all meds! I will always have to take allergy medications, that just doesn't go away, lol, but the rest of my problems are history. Thirdly, FIRE your doctor, ASAP!!! There are other doctors out there who care and can take care of you. Call your network and find out who else you can go see. Call your local hospital's healthlines and see who can take you as a patient. Get on YAHOO and join some other weight loss surgery groups, there are several in Tulsa. Some very good friends of mine used Surgical Weight Loss Center. The surgeon is Dr. Matt Bosquez. They can't say enough good things about him, Call his office and see if they can help you! I went thru hell for 5 years before I found a doctor who cared enough to help me and an insurer who would pay....you can do it too! Where there is a will, there is a way. LEt me know if I can help more...I am here for you! Desi
Mendi M.
on 11/3/03 5:12 am - Choctaw, OK
Hi Connie! I am so sorry to hear about the treatment you've received from your physician. It disgusts me that obesity isn't taken more seriously by physicians, and that they seem so quick to blame us and our weight than to help find a solution or dig deeper into our symptoms! Grrr. At any rate, please call Community Care and ask them to provide a list of participating providers in your area. Ask if there is a website you can search so you can at least see what your choices consist of. Hang in there with your search for health and keep us posted! Mendi
Most Active
Recent Topics