Meatballs

Angus Wright
on 4/2/11 3:24 pm - Ottawa Canada, Canada
Hey everyone,

I'm addicted to meatballs. I love them very much. I have a helpful hint. If you're like me, and beef isn't the easiest for your system to handle, try my recipe for meatballs! Also works great as bbq burgers. 

I use: 

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
seasoned bread crumbs
grated parmesan cheese
black pepper to taste
2 eggs

I combine all the ingredients and make them into meatballs or use my William Sonoma burger press and form burgers. 

Cutting the beef with turkey and pork really lightens up the burger. The seasoned crumbs and parm really adds flavour! 

It's life changing! 

Eileen C.
on 4/2/11 8:46 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Angus

Thanks for that super recipe for your meatballs 

They are great, I like the fact that you added the turkey and pork to lighten it up and adding the parm

was a great addtion flavour wise.

Thanks again, this is a keeper recipe LOL

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 9:34 pm - Guelph, Canada
 angus... did you (or would you mind) adding that to the recipe section?... (or I can c/c/p it for you... )

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/
jan135
on 4/2/11 11:29 pm
  Did you send Kel the recipe????

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 11:40 pm
On April 3, 2011 at 6:29 AM Pacific Time, jan135 wrote:
  Did you send Kel the recipe????

Angus is always trying to push his "balls" on me.  I did hear they were quite delish.
supergirl3
on 4/3/11 12:02 am, edited 4/3/11 12:02 am - Canada
I've heard Angus' balls are absolutely mouthwatering.  I think it's because of the pork.

SUPERGIRL
Start weight - 287
Lowest - 123
Current - 130's
Height 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 12:14 am
On April 3, 2011 at 7:02 AM Pacific Time, supergirl3 wrote:
I've heard Angus' balls are absolutely mouthwatering.  I think it's because of the pork.
His balls are famous around these parts, people line up to get a sample.
Angus Wright
on 4/3/11 12:24 am - Ottawa Canada, Canada
 The only thing is my balls are slightly misshapen which makes me shy about showing them off. 

ericaFG
on 4/3/11 1:18 am - Cambridge, Canada
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

samtq
on 4/3/11 12:39 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Another suggestion to lighten up those meatballs if you plan on having them in pasta sauce:

One you have baked them in the oven, toss them into your pasta sauce and let simmer for a good hour or two.  The moisture from the sauce gets pulled into your meatballs and makes them a lot "fluffier".   
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
Most Active
Recent Topics