Class??

barbniko
on 7/27/11 7:36 am, edited 7/26/11 7:47 pm
Hi everyone I am done with the dietion, SW and with the nurse..Can anyone tell me what this eductional class is all about I have to go to before meeting the doctor??? I feel I am getting closer but it is still such a long wait at Guelph!!!!

Betty Jo L.
on 7/27/11 7:44 am
 Hi There,

It is an education class on what the surgery is about. What to expect before and after surgery. You also meet with a Nutritionist as well who tells you what vitamins and proteins and such you need. Take alot of notes it helps and you can refer back to it later on if need be. This is the class here in Montreal. It could be different in your area.
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
barbniko
on 7/27/11 8:00 am
Thanks for the info!! I am going to Guelph and I don't know when I will even get this call for the meeting...I am hoping sooner than later..But I heard they are really backed up again...
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 8:00 am - Guelph, Canada
 did they give you a date on the next class?
barbniko
on 7/27/11 8:15 am
No they didin't give me a educational day yet???
Betty Jo L.
on 7/27/11 8:46 am
 My surgeon sent me the paper work or invitation via mail. I am sure they will send you something via the mail as well. I got mine like two to three weeks before the education class. 
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
joanne_1970
on 7/27/11 11:17 am - Harriston, Canada
I just did the class last month and in Guelph they call you.  I don't think I have ever gotten anything by mail.
They give you a whole bunch of hand outs on your post surgery diet and they go over it with the class.  They answer any questions you may have.  Pretty simple and painless but they do weigh you before class so keep being careful of your intake.

Most Active
Recent Topics