Three Month Update

Allyson A.
on 10/21/11 8:59 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Had my 3 month follow up with surgeon and dietician on wed.  Everything is going great.  Apparently need to add some starch and carbs to my diet, I was trying to stay away from the carbs as much as possible.  Currently getting in about 30 to 40 gr per day.  Dietician says that is not enough.  I think she's nuts.  LOL.

They are happy with my weight loss of 90 lbs.  29 more lbs till Onderland.  Woooohooooo.  Looking forward to the new year and Onderland.

I am still currently having issues with prolonged vomiting and excess gas.   Dr. Klein has upped my dose of Prevacid and has me taking a GAS-X daily.  We have come to the conclusion that the bouts of vomiting are due to a gas blockage in my intestine that lets the food and drink pile up on top and then backs up till I vomit it up.  Hence the extra GAS-X.  He believes that I am just swallowing too much air.   (But how do you stop doing that?)    Anyway, I am now to keep an eye on the situation and if the vomiting continues even with the early use ofthe GAS X then I am to contact him again and he will possibly admit me to figure out what is going on.  1 in a million chance of a partial blockage at the Y.    (GOD I HOPE NOT).

Even after all the problems with the strictures and the above, I would still do it all over again.  The benefits have by far outweighed the problems. 

Thanx again everyone for the wonderful support.

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

lexxiblue
on 10/21/11 9:05 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
CONGRATS to you Allyson.. on your 90lb weight loss in 3 months.. holy canoli!!!!!  way to use your tool!!!!
Gabygee
on 10/21/11 11:15 pm - Canada
Allyson -

you have done extremely well.
90 pounds in 3 months is enormous.

I want to submit an idea for you, should your gas/blockage problems continue.

Before the surgery, did you get tested for H. pylori?
Helicobacter pylori (which we all have in our guts) can take over, can get the upper hand, if your system is a little out of whack. (There's a whole balancing act going on in your gut, all the flora and fauna working together.) Aside from copious gas production, it also causes nausea, vomiting and (sometimes) diarrhea.
 But primarily, it's the root cause of ulcers.

It's possible you won't need more surgery , even if this continues - it is possible that H. pylori is the cause and a simple course of antibiotics could decrease the gas production and regulate your system again.

If your doc doesn't mind testin g you real quick for it, that may solve the problems, and be much less invasive than other procedures... if that's the cause.

Congrats on your weightloss.

Allyson A.
on 10/22/11 12:49 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Hi Gaby,

I was not tested for H.pylori previous to surgery.  I will however take your advice and have my family physician test for it.

I am however surprised that none of the other health professionals on my bariatric team have come up with that suggestion.  Everyone has said that things will get better on their own.

I will make an appointment with my family physician this week and hopefully we can come up with a simple solution.

Thanks again
Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

sam1am
on 10/21/11 11:16 pm
 Wow Allyson, I'm impressed!  Both with your weightloss and your attitude!  I hope your health issues resolve themselves soon and your amazing weightloss continues (although you gotta know that's way fast and can't keep up at that rate)!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

JJ_
on 10/21/11 11:16 pm
Congrats on the weight loss, it is sliding off of you!

Judy
Brenda T.
on 10/21/11 11:33 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Glad to hear about your 3 month check up. Hope they get the problem sorted out for you. Gaby sounds like she has some good advice for you. Look forward to hearing the results.
Great weight loss.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Megan M.
on 10/22/11 12:18 am - Canada
Wow, Allyson, you've really done well.  90 lbs in 3 months is an enormous loss!  

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

jennifer_rpn
on 10/22/11 12:48 am
AWESOME!!!! Way to go you're doing great!

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
Allyson A.
on 10/22/11 12:53 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I think my fast weight loss was due to the stricture I had and only being able to get in fluids for a month.

I am aware that things will slow down in the weight loss department, but I know I will reach my goal.

Thanx again.
Allyson
HW 318  SW 291 

Most Active
Recent Topics