Been Awhile!

Kristina1987
on 2/6/12 9:39 pm - Canada
Hey everyone!
Just thought I would write a little note, I haven't been on this site in FOREVER!!
I am 7 months out from surgery on the 8th of February and have so far lost a total of 93lbs. I haven't had ANY food intolerances which I really am not liking to say the least, sometimes its not a good thing.  I have 40lbs tot go until my goal weight but have seemed to gain 10lbs... not sure how but it has happened, perhaps the scale is just feeling as I am today... Big and Bloated...

Some issues I have been dealing with mostly is self image... I still see myself as this giant woman, and for sure still notice all my flaws. My Panni is rediculous and I wish some days I could tie an elastic around it and have it fall off...

Personal trainer... I definitley need one! I want to wear shorts in the summer and my inner thighs are a disasted... I have been going to the gym since October and don't really feel a difference physically aside from I am able to breath when I work out... as for muscles and things... I think it is time to step it up :)

Howver I have went from a size 24 to a size 12 jean, and I have went from a 4xl top to an xl... I have a ton of nice bras and panties how and life is pretty good! I also bought my first 'girls' coat this winter and love it to death :)

Thanks for listening!
Gabygee
on 2/6/12 9:41 pm - Canada
Hey Kristina - welcome back.

Yeah, I have found that one of my best investments was a few good control panties.
Shrinking is all very well and good, but you've still got that skin hanging there ****il you can get it removed).

So I asked for gift certificates for Christmas and have purchased a few hightop control undergarments and they have made a HUGE difference.

Joyce J.
on 2/6/12 10:05 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Kristina,

Nice to see you posting. Glad all is going well
Congrats on the weight loss so far. You are doing great

Don't be a stranger. Even though surgery is done, we still like to hear from you

Take care
Keep up the good work

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Brenda T.
on 2/6/12 10:27 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
LMAO @ My Panni is rediculous and I wish some days I could tie an elastic around it and have it fall off...

You have done great!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

charm64
on 2/6/12 10:33 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 You are doing great, congratulations. 
I say you need a great sense of humor to have this surgery!  I say I look good in cloths but when they come off I look like a sharpei!  
Wraping our head around the new us seems to be the most difficult. 
Hugs!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Megan M.
on 2/7/12 3:51 am - Canada
I hear you on the inner thighs - sagville!  But that's why they invented walking shorts - a little longer, but very stylish!  And that's so much better than legs full of fat.  You've done great - hope you drop in more often.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

jdance
on 2/7/12 5:32 am - Canada
NIce to see you posting again, you are doing wonderful.
Damn panni, yup, our cross to bear after WLS but i'll take it over the alternative any day.

If you find you are gaining, get back to basics and do the 5 day pouch test, it always helps me kick start again.

Don't be a stranger

J

Most Active
Recent Topics