Lost the binge eating battle today, but haven't given up hope on winning the war

slrm2m2
on 1/7/13 8:55 am - Canada

yup, apparently my pouch can uncomfortably hold 4 tim horton donuts...and later in the day,  I had Dairy Queen's Fudge Brownie temptation in a waffle bowl.  A completely nutritionally deficit 2000 calories ingested by me today.  

And, I shall just keep trying...back on plan now.  

It isn't pretty...but its real and I believe that any recovery that I can achieve will come from being open and honest about my struggle.

Just setting the record straight.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/7/13 9:36 am, edited 1/7/13 5:36 pm - Windsor, Canada
Been there, done that.

I hope you'll look into some therapy. Cognitive behavioural therapy is pretty commonly used among us. Your local library may have some good books. Judith Becks book is a good one.

Tomorrow is a new day and we are much like alcoholics. One day at a time, friend. If you ever need to chat, I know where you are coming from.

(((hugs))),

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Laura H.
on 1/7/13 10:25 am - Canada

Which book do you recommend?  I looked on amazon and she has several.  I would be interested in reading one to help me.  Thanks.

Laura H.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/7/13 11:12 am - Windsor, Canada

The Beck Diet Solution

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

flyingwoman
on 1/8/13 9:06 am
Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Moselle
on 1/7/13 9:49 am, edited 1/7/13 9:50 am - Athens, Canada

Oh Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear that you don't dump even when you consume that much sugar.

I agree that honesty is the best policy and picking yourself up by the boot straps and getting back on the plan is the only way to keep it real. 

I know you struggle with food demons and head games.  I hope that you are able to contain the demon tomorrow. All we can do is take it one day at a time; hoping to make good healthier choices. I suggest that you plan your meals for tomorrow and then just focus to staying on track one meal at a time.

I'm glad that you continue to share your experiences with us, even though I'm sure that it's not easy.  Just remember that we are on your side. Offering encouragement and support to you when ever you need it. 

Please keep reaching out for support both on this site and through your local support groups and the WMC.  Keep up the fight, because you are worth it and I know you can do it!

Hugs, Muriel

edited to remove Ottawa - don't know why I thought you were from Ottawa!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

slrm2m2
on 1/7/13 10:01 am - Canada

Thanks for your supportive replies, ladies.  Yes, I'm on the waitlist for CBT through my bariatric clinic.  I've got the Beck Diet solution and several other CBT books.  I've written out a whole CBT self talk program for myself (I posted it on my profile a few weeks ago).

Yup, its humbling and humiliating to be so open about the struggle...but addiction thrives in secrecy and I'm not going to let shame fuel my eating disorder.  Everyone has a struggle of some kind, and food and eating behaviours, are one of mine.  I am not giving up on myself.  

I feel oddly optimistic that this is the start of my real work around the eating disorder...from crisis emerges opportunity to learn and grow...yet again.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

kellybelly333
on 1/7/13 10:22 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good for you for not giving up. Especially now while you are still losing. I went through a short period where I didn't care what went in my mouth because I was still losing. Slippery slope. That's when therapy started. I hope you get into the CBT soon. i would put a call in and let them know you've been struggling, and maybe they'll move up your date to attend.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

mermaidz
on 1/7/13 10:01 am - Brampton, Canada

One day at a time.

And if one day is too much, then one minute.

And each minute is a victory.

hugs...hang in there..I believe in you

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Patm
on 1/7/13 11:07 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You have gotten some good responses here. I just want to add if I can be of any support please let me know.

Most Active
Recent Topics