big pouch/little pouch days

slrm2m2
on 1/12/13 9:31 am - Canada

Can anyone explain those days when the pouch suddenly seems bigger or little...ie: you can suddenly eat more or less on that day than usual?  I know different foods fill it differently, but this phenomena sometimes happens to me even when I'm eating all my regular foods in the same amounts and combinations as usual and following the eating/drinking guidelines as usual.  Sometimes I fear I"m a bottomless pit and other times I can't believe that I simply can't get my usual amount in suddenly.

What gives?

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Patm
on 1/12/13 9:37 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

For me it coinsides with my constipation. If everything is cleared out I feel hungry and can eat anything

time2changeme
on 1/12/13 10:05 am

Good question, I have been experiencing the same thing, I'm looking forward to

the replies!

kellybelly333
on 1/12/13 10:27 am - Toronto, Canada

I've never really had a clear answer on it, but am sure thankful for it some days....and miss it others. Those bottomless pit days are the worst!! I would like to know how it manages to be a large pouch day 10 days before TOM!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Laura H.
on 1/12/13 10:31 am - Canada

Thank you for this post.  I thought I was going nuts and going backwards as this has been happening to me.  I too think it has to do with bm's.  I am having an awful time being regular and even started drinking Smooth Move tea and it does not help.  I also eat a lot of fiber.

Laura H.

mermaidz
on 1/13/13 1:06 am - Brampton, Canada

Laura.. my heart goes out to you.. All that toxic ickiness inside.. Makes ya feel horrid. Here's what I do

Black Cherries

Prunes

Figs

Berries (low in carbs/calories) (10 max)

Every day... every day without fail.

I find depending on how "rich' the food is determines the size of the pouch. I'm thinking I might be doing that 5 day pouch test because it sorts me out.. for some reason.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/13/13 10:00 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I find depending on how "rich' the food is determines the size of the pouch. I'm thinking I might be doing that 5 day pouch test because it sorts me out.. for some reason.

YEP!

Yesterday was a fiasco in the afternoon and I ended up being "out" longer than anticipated so I grabbed a different yogurt. Not a bad one by any means but it was 175ml of a ligher probiotic one and I am use to about 125ml of Greek instead. Hubby kept giving me the evil stink eye over how fast, how easy, and how much was going down. I think it was the consistency.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Megan M.
on 1/12/13 9:21 pm - Canada

I never thought about this until I read your msg, but I have this same thing! Wonder what it is?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Kathleen101
on 1/13/13 8:09 am

I thought I was the only one that felt this way!!!!!!!

I wish we knew why!?!?

Surgery date Oct 2/12  by Dr D Lindsey SJHT

Gorgeous84
on 1/13/13 2:57 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
I just want to echo a previous poster n say thanks- i feel very validated!! Love this site!
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Most Active
Recent Topics