Guelph General Hospital

daisies109
on 7/31/13 2:35 am

I have been referred by my family Dr. and was informed that guelph would be the site that i would go to. I am still awaiting to be contacted to go to an information session. My Dr sent the referral May/2013. How long is the wait??

sheryl69
on 7/31/13 4:09 am
My wait was one year and seven months. After the referral was made it got lost in the system for about four months until I started calling to see what was up. Please don't wait as long as I did. I just received a surgery date for September 18. Referral originally made jan 2012
TanyaLH
on 7/31/13 5:20 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I am 9 weeks post op, my referral went in May 26 2011, my info session was August 201 at Guelph. Call the clinic, be the squeaky wheel!!!

And welcome!

Tanya

zillah
on 7/31/13 8:32 am

My referral was sent in Aug 14, and I was sent a letter Sept. 14 with my orientation date.  Orientation was Dec 4, 2012I had my second set of appointments with the nurse social worker, and dietitian in June and I am waiting to be called with the date for the post op class. Then I will be called with a date to see the surgeon and if I am lucky he will give me a date for surgery.  I will probably be able to buy my opti fast after my appointment with the surgeon.  If not I will have to wait to be phoned with my date to start opti and the surgery date.  Good luck I hope they call you soon.

time2changeme
on 7/31/13 10:19 am

My waiting time was 2 years almost to the day!

Referal was sent Oct 12,  2010

Orientation was Oct 30,  2011

Surgery was Oct 25, 2012

It's a long wait but very worth while, keep us posted on your journey!

daisies109
on 7/31/13 1:09 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback. Call it coincidence or fate, but shortly after i posted my last post, the phone rang and it was my appointment to go to an information session at Humber Hospital in TO next Tuesday!!! I'll keep you all posted!!

Most Active
Recent Topics