Fiber

nmcgreen
on 9/18/13 4:28 am - Canada

Are we allowed to add fiber (like benefiber) to our protein shakes? I'm 4 weeks out and am having quite a bit of trouble with constipation.

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Member Services
on 9/18/13 7:01 am - Irvine, CA

Move more, drink more water and give your surgeon's office a call about adding fiber  

CCs_mum
on 9/18/13 11:26 pm

I had similar issues, I found an awesome fibre chew at walmart (Pharmacy area, near the diabetic stuff) and not expensive.

It's called Nutribetis Soft Fibre Chews.  The texture reminds me of the calcium chews (chocolate flavor).  I have one with each meal and no problems since.

Here is their link in case you want more detail on the nutrition information. http://nutribetics.ca/fibre/

Have learned that I can't measure my journey only by what I've lost.  I've gained health and extra time on this earth ... that is most important

nmcgreen
on 9/19/13 1:53 am - Canada

Thanks! I think I'll try those!

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Leanne1
on 9/19/13 9:37 am - Newmarket, Canada

You need to drink moorrre water and move around more. I find when I don't drink enough liquids, I start to feel "backed up" drink drink drink... You shouldn't have to rely on taking something all the time to "go". Make sure you are also eating enough fibre-y things, all bran is a GREAT source of fibre in the morning; 1/2c has 13g fibre and we need at least 20-30g per day.

Most Active