Dumping Experts please help

Laurie C.
on 5/6/14 11:23 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hey Fellow Dumpers:

can you dump on unsalted soda biscuits with cheez whiz.  I had 4 cheez whiz and cracker sandwiches.

Might this have been the problem.  I also took 2 Gas X.

My sugar went down to 3.3, felt awful, gas up into my right shoulder, got my sugar back up, had to lay down with wet cloth.  Pouch pain was tremendous, finally got some gas moving and felt better although a little shakey still.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

reenie33
on 5/6/14 9:38 pm

I am not a dumper (not sure if this is a good thing or bad) But from the other posts Ive read, Ive heard that fat can cause dumping, perhaps it was the cheese whiz that made you sick. If those gas X tabs foam up like gaviscon , Im sure that could not have helped either

Karen M.
on 5/7/14 12:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

The Cheez Whiz might have done it - pure fat and chemicals. Feels terrible though, doesn't it.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mary A.
on 5/13/14 2:12 am
On May 7, 2014 at 7:37 AM Pacific Time, Karen M. wrote:

The Cheez Whiz might have done it - pure fat and chemicals. Feels terrible though, doesn't it.

I agree...anything that's slimy and greasy can cause some people to dump..while for me it's sugar above 16 grams.

I had only (1) small size soft ice cream at about 5 months post op and I thought I was going to pass out...and when I got home I had a 2 hr nap..since then I read every label...and try very diligently not to overdo the sugar~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

JJ_
on 5/7/14 1:51 am

I have witnessed someone dump at one of our coffee nights.  She looked like she was going to pass out.  I went immediately and got her some water.  We moved her to the couch.  She needed assistance to move.  She felt exhausted, sweating.  We were concerned and had plans to drive her home and drive her car home for her too.  However, by 10 p.m. she was stabilized and was able to go home under her own steam.  She drank lots of water while on the couch.

Judy

Laurie C.
on 5/7/14 6:32 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Thanks for the info:

I'm throwing out the cheez whiz.  I have only experienced that feeling once before, can't remember what I ate but the pain wasn't all that bad.  I wasn't sure if I was having a heart attack but of course as a female and nurse I thought I would just try and lay down and let it pass.  My God, this was panting and moaning and sweating.  Guess I'll have real cheese from now on, this was new for me.

Sucks

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

dna
on 5/8/14 12:57 am - Canada

OMG I loved the Cheez Whiz before surgery.  I would go through a box of Premium Plus crackers and a  jar in no time.  Now ?  I would definitely give my new stomach some real cheese on those few crackers.  Were they white crackers ?  That probably didn't help.  I can't eat anything white  (good thing right ?)  

Sorry you felt that way !  No more Cheez Whiz for you !

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics