Hello

Almostthere1966
on 5/28/14 5:54 am - Canada

Hello

New person on the boards, just second day to chat with others having Bariatric surgeries.I live in Ontario Canada and my family is as supportive as they can be but they do not know how to deal with me LOL I mean how I am feeling, fears, questions etc. My actual surgery date has not been booked but I have seen the surgeon and gotten perscriptions. Supposed to be a couple days to hear when date of surgery is going to be.

Kathy

on 5/28/14 7:12 am - Canada

Hi Kathy welcome to the site.  Im Val and I had RNY(gastric bypass) surgery on April 22nd so im 5 weeks post op right now.  Im down 60lbs and im so glad I did this.  This is a great site very supportive.  Im from Elliot Lake On. And I went through the Sudbury Bariatric Centre.  Anything you want to know just ask away someone will know the answer. :-)    Val

LilyBugsMommy
on 5/28/14 7:20 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Welcome Kathy!

This is a great place to ask questions and find out a lot if info!

What city do you live in? Which clinic are you going through? If you are in or near Kingston, we have a support group that meets monthly & a Facebook group, if you are interested.

Good luck on your journey!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

sarag73
on 5/28/14 7:54 am

I'm in Kingston.how do I join the Facebook group?

Orientation: December 2012 ~ Met Surgeon: Jan 9/2014 Surgery date:April 23rd/2014 Ottawa ~ Started Opti: April 2/2014 ~Opti starting weight April 2/2014: 271.4lbs~Pre surgical appointment: April 10/2014 ~Surgery weight TBA    

LilyBugsMommy
on 5/28/14 12:13 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Hi sarag73,

Please send a request to Anastasia_Marie (another member here) & she will add you to the group.

If you have any problems connecting with her, let me know :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Almostthere1966
on 5/28/14 8:36 am - Canada

I live in Hamilton, Ontario and am going to St. Joes Hospital Bariatric Clinic

Kathy

Catw
on 5/28/14 9:21 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome Kathy, you'll find lots of great advice on this site and lots of support.  There is everyone here from those who are conisdering this journey to those who are 10+ year vets!  You'll always find someone who's been exactly where you are, if not all of us.

Enjoy the journey.

Cathy

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/28/14 8:24 pm - Windsor, Canada

Welcome to the board.  It's a great place to be and to learn.  I've been here for over 8 years and have seen many people come and go. If I can help you in your journey please message me anytime

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 5/29/14 12:34 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum, Kathy. Feel free to ask any questions at all - we're here to help and we know "how to deal with you" LOL

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Almostthere1966
on 5/29/14 9:56 am - Canada

Thanks Everybody. Wowsers when it rains it pours hope I didnt screw things up all ready. I was at a doctors appt not related to the Bariatrics and got the phone call for my surgery date. When I got home I listened to the message and phoned back immidiately but havent heard anything yet should I start bitting my nails again?

Most Active
Recent Topics