What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 10/8/14 8:27 pm

Good morning everyone.  Internet is iffy again this morning so I will post quickly.

12 weeks post-op

B. Dyna Whey peanut butter chocolate protein shake and lots of decaf before swimming

S. Greek Yogurt

L. Cheese grits and blackened catfish

S. Greek Yogurt

D. 1/4 cup whole wheat pasta, mushrooms, turkey meatball and marinara sauce

S. Fit frappe hot chocolate and Simply Protein chili protein chips

MFP totals Cal. 712 Carbs 51, Fat 23, Protein 93

Have a good day.

Patm
on 10/8/14 9:50 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. Enjoy your time in the pool. I will bike home from work today for exercise. Yesterday was brutal. The wind was too wild for me. Pretty tired last night. Off to work shortly. Another busy day

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l chili, dessert yogurt

s click protein drink, (did not have it last night)

d ham, one egg

cal 699, carb 53.5 prot 80

Karen M.
on 10/8/14 10:59 pm - Mississauga, Canada

OMG Pat, I cant imagine riding in that wind yesterday - really glad you made it home! lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 10/9/14 2:13 am

Pat that wind was unreal, I was expecting a "we're not in Kansas anymore Toto (substitute Ontario).

TanyaLH
on 10/8/14 10:47 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

16 months post op

steps 13065

Morning all,

Off to work in a short while, no plans. Going to walk for for 1 hour today and stationary bike tonight for 45 min.

B-protein coffee 1/3 c source greek yogurt

L- 1 c garden salad, 1 hard boiled egg

S- 1 c green smoothie w/ hemp hearts

D- 3 oz chicken, 1/3 c roasted turnip

S- tea

be well all

Tanya

Karen M.
on 10/8/14 10:58 pm, edited 10/8/14 11:19 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Will post in a minute re. food but just wanted to tell you that I seriously laughed right out loud late last night reading your update on world (pool) domination. You completely made my day! The funniest thing about this whole Kick-Ass CC is that you are the sweetest, gentlest lady in person. It is SO great reading about your determination with this and I love how you've made it amusing (to you) to keep you motivated! Friggin hilarious.

K XOXO

On to today - have to pick up a few groceries, meeting at the bank, not sure what else! Had so much fun last night out with my girlfriends but I was a little tired this morning from the "excitement". lol  Oh! Also CC - I don't think it's your internet. OH is having technical difficulties since Tuesday that they're working on.

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Source Greek 50

S - 1 slice whole grain toast, 1/4 cup tuna salad

L - I think I'll be out - small Wendy's chili, 1 cracker

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 1/4 baked acorn squash, 3-4 oz BBQ chicken breast, cucumber slices

S - not sure yet! Maybe another Chike

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 10/9/14 2:19 am

Thank you Karen and  also Tanya.  Karen "sweetest, gentlest lady in person", clearly you haven't met the monomaniacal person I have become post WLS.  I have plans, first take over the small warm pool, then with my converts take over the 25 metre pool and make them up the heat to 94.  Mwaahaaaahaaaa. 

kellybelly333
on 10/8/14 11:54 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all! Today is picture day, so instead of running this morning, I did hair and shower duty. My two kids had their hair cut last night. Hannah has very curly and thick hair, and wanted it straight. She looks like a teenager (she'll be 12 in January), and my son (almost 9) just needed to look not messy. Ross' daughter has poker-straight hair and wanted curls. Good lord. I will still run tonight, but it's nice not jumping out of bed and not stumbling in the dark trying to get into my compression pants and running in the cold, dark morning. 

Meeting a friend for coffee later, having a biscotti. Yum!!

B: Goat yogurt mix

L: turkey spinach meatballs

S: ryvita with laughing cow

S: latte and biscotti

D: chicken stir fry

14k Run with speed racing. Gah. Marathon in 10 days!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Zizzler
on 10/9/14 9:58 am

So I was on a university course today and the instructor asked how I was feeling after giving a presentation and I burst into tears in front of the whole class.  He was very nice about it but holy was I embarrassed.  I Just could not stop crying, I was weepy most of the afternoon  - I stuck it out and was glad when it was over.  My concern is what if this happens at work?  I do not want to appear unprofessional and not be able to do my job.  My plan for now is if I feel I will cry I will excuse myself and go to the washroom until I am more composed, do deep breathing, some self-talk, put a cool paper towel on my face.  If I can't stop crying like today I am going to have to go home until I feel better.  Other than that excellent eating day and great workout after work really helped me feel better.  Also hit value village and bought some work pants and a top.

9 weeks post op tomorrow!

b - premier protein, multivitamin, b12

s - half a apple quest bar, mint tea

l - leftover spaghetti sqush with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese

s - yogurt, almonds, 2 pieces melon, lf cheese stick, sf dasani

d - beef patty with tomato, mushroom, onion, all the fixings,

s - mint tea, oatmeal with milk and sucralose - calcium/d (just realized I forgot it this morning, maybe that is why the emotional rollercoaster, hmmm...)

before bed - meds, omega, vit d, calcium

crqvingchange
on 10/9/14 11:20 am

Zizzler we as women are emotional beings and as we dump weight we dump the estrogen stored in that fat so we are uber emotional.  A trick I learned many years ago when you think you are going to lose it and start crying is to make a fist and dig your fingernails into the palm of your hand.  The theory is that the discomfort signals from your hand overpower the emotional signals.  Hope this helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics