Purée All The Things!

msmuggins
on 11/5/14 10:08 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

A question for all the vets out there. What's the weirdest thing you puréed during the puréed food stage?  

I just made some amazing turkey chilli and I thought, geez, I should make this closer to my surgery date and freeze puréed portions of it!  That got me thinking about all the things that could be puréed...

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

NorthernStar
on 11/5/14 10:45 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I never puréed much, I pretty much did full fluids for a month with a few add-ins (cauliflower mash, pinto beans and tuna). 

At my one month class, one lady said she put a piece of pizza in a blender and ate it. Another lady high-fived her. DON'T do that!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

msmuggins
on 11/5/14 12:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Ok, the pizza in the blender made me LOL!  I can't imagine that even tasted good!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 11/5/14 12:46 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hence the need for an improved psych clearance process.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

msmuggins
on 11/5/14 8:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Yes, wow!  Don't get me wrong, you can't get to over 300lbs without having more than a passing acquaintance with pizza, but seriously, I can't fathom wanting it so badly that you put it in the blender!  How did these people make it through Opti (which I think is more difficult than puréed!)?

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 11/5/14 8:47 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm sure you would be shocked then at the multitude of things I've heard over the years that people have thrown in a blender (including Big Macs, just to name one) and considered appropriate for the puree stage.

Good question re. making it through Opti - I would guess they didn't.

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Laurie C.
on 11/5/14 10:51 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I had previously made Beef bourginon and pureed it as well as chicken stew.  Looking back it really was a wise thing to do. 

Really great taste just ice cube size.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

msmuggins
on 11/5/14 12:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Beef Bourginon sounds amazing.  I've also been dying to try a cauliflower-leek purée.   

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/14 6:05 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I pureed everything.  I would make pot roast and then puree the meat with some of the broth before I thickened it into gravy for the family and would throw in some of the veggies as well. I made black bean soup, that is always served pureed and ate it daily. I know one person that pureed a Big Mac and another that pureed cookies.  Yeah they were really ready for WLS that they couldn't make it through a few weeks without eating crap.

birdiegirl
on 11/5/14 6:09 pm

...and where are they now eh? unbelievable to puree a big mac!

I purchased baby food and ended up throwing it all out...awful stuff.  I lived on refired beans for 2 weeks.....cant even look at them now...lol

Most Active
Recent Topics