Super WOW moment....and I sure needed one :)

bubble273
on 6/24/08 11:40 am - Levittown, PA
Well, I took myself to Lane Bryant Outlet today in Franklin Mills looking for something specifically I saw and didn't buy while in Lancaster at the Lane Bryant Outlet.  The girl helped me find it right away and I was excited.  But that wasn't the wow moment :) I then was just browsing the store and decided to try on a pair of jean capris.  Well, the brain automatically was looking for the bigger size.  I was wearing 18/20s and didn't even think that I could fit in a 16.  So when I went to grab an 18 they didn't have any.  So I decided to try on the 16.  And to my amazing surprise and extreme happiness they fit like a charm.  I was so excited in the dressing room I was practically jumping up and down!!!! I couldn't even tell you the last time I wore a 16.  Probably in 8th grade!!!  So today was a good day for me.  And I've needed a wow moment after everything I've been through.  So yeah me!!!!   Oh, and I'm very close to Onederland also.  And am looking forward to that.  While in the hospital and being ill I dropped like 10 pounds.  I know, not the way to lose it, but I'll take it.  I am down to 205 and have lost 180 pounds in 8 months.  Just incredible!!!  Now I can soon get back to the gym and really work towards my goal and getting my strength back.  Things are looking up.  Now I just have to figure out how to change my ticker :) Thanks for listening.  Love yas

Karen

Shannon O.
on 6/24/08 12:14 pm - Reading, PA
oh that is great news... I am so happy for ya...

BTW- I work this Sat from 4:30 to 9 at the Lane Bryant Outlet in Reading hehehe...

J. M.
on 6/24/08 12:17 pm
congrat! now get your size 16 a$$ outta Lane Bryant! There things are too pricey for the length of time you'll be wearing em!  Start hitting TJ Maxx and Marshalls...my favorites!

~ Jen   

bubble273
on 6/24/08 12:50 pm - Levittown, PA
You're right, Jen. I was thinking the same thing, that I don't need to be in here anymore.  I usually hit the thrift stores but was looking for something particular.  I will definitely try Marshall's.  I bought a couple of things in there a couple of months ago and haven't been back.  Thanks for reminding me about those stores.  I guess we're so used to going to the "big" stores that when we get to a certain size we forget that we don't need to shop there anymore :)  Thanks!!!

Karen

Nicole0216
on 6/24/08 1:01 pm - Lancaster, PA
congratulations
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/24/08 4:27 pm, edited 6/24/08 4:29 pm

Yay, you.  Wonderful news.  I shop the clearance racks at Jomar, Forman Mills, K-Mart, Walmart and the Thrift Stores also find great bargains on used and new clothes on E-bay.

You can change your ticker by clicking on it.  You will automatically be taken back to the original sight you created it on, just key in your password and update the ticker.  It will automatically be updated here.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

bubble273
on 6/24/08 10:17 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks, Nan.  I tried that but it didn't seem to work.  I will keep at it.  Thanks again.

Karen

Pam Hart
on 6/24/08 5:27 pm - Easton, PA
Karen, Yup, time to go shopping ANYWHERE YOU WANT!  Whoo hoo!!  You are doing such a fantastic job in this journey!  Keep up the great work!  Hey...what is it that you bought so specifically at Lane Bryant?  We want to see your cool new threads! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 6/24/08 10:11 pm - Levittown, PA
Hey Pam, This is probably going to sound really stupid after being so excited that I found them, but they were just a pair of active wear capris, black with a white stripe down the side.  But they were so comfy.  I tried them in Lancaster and they were a 14/16.  I felt like I shouldn't buy them because it wasn't like they fit tight, I actually had a little room.  But I had bought a shirt that was mint green and had black in it and thought those capris I saw in Lancaster would be perfect with these.  So I went on a mission and found them.  I bought the 14/16 anyway, still a little roomy, but I didn't care.  They were on sale.  And I figured maybe if I wash and dry them they'll maybe shrink a little bit.  When I have something on my mind, there's no stopping me!!!

Karen

Pam Hart
on 6/24/08 11:25 pm - Easton, PA
It doesn't sound stupid at all.  What counts is that it makes you happy.  And considering they are active wear capris, you can probably get more use out of them by later using them as PJ bottoms.  That's what I did with a lot of my active wear stuff - wore them as jammies until one day I got out of bed and my pant**** the floor the same time my feet did.  That was a bit ridiculous! As far as the ticker thing goes - however to format it to click on it and take you to it's website has eluded me as well.  Nothing happens when I click on my ticker. What I have done, is when I created my ticker (you might have to make a new one if you don't remember the url of the old one) before I copied and pasted it, I right clicked on the website and put it in my favorites list.  Now, all I do is go to my favorites folder and click on the link.  You still have to remember your pin number, but other than that - it works like a charm. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1781 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views