Recent Posts

kjdcolts66
on 6/5/09 5:32 pm - Pawtucket, RI
Topic: RE: Anyone going tonight?
Jules,

I won't be giving up...I'm just trying to assert myself a little more.  I was disappointed and I allowed myself to acknowledge it and let someone know.  Since I am relatively new, I didn't want other new attendees to feel the same as I did. ~smile~

I plan on attending the RIH meeting on July 8.  I have spoke with Camille and Sue regarding that meeting and they did state that the room was set up differently and wasn't as easy to facilitate.

I plan on staying around afterwards...I still have a bit of soreness in my back and sitting almost 2 hours just doesn't help much.

Have an awesome weekend!!

~Kelly jo
kjdcolts66
on 6/5/09 5:28 pm - Pawtucket, RI
Andrew,

It's looks like Scott corrected himself...did you see the updated date?

It's always great to confirm anyway.

Hope to see you there!

~kelly jo
kjdcolts66
on 6/5/09 5:27 pm - Pawtucket, RI
Scott,

Thanks for the info!  I had it down in my date book as the 16th.

Definately will see you there, right?

~kelly jo
kjdcolts66
on 6/5/09 5:24 pm - Pawtucket, RI
Topic: RE: Tooting my own horn!!!
I'll double dog dare ya to lose that pound and one more! 

Congratulations!!  A big 'smilestone' in your journey!

~kelly jo
kjdcolts66
on 6/5/09 5:22 pm - Pawtucket, RI
Topic: RE: Kelly jo!!!
Robyn,

You're Hired!!!  I did A LOT of supervising the other day and the house is liveable now.  ~giggles~

I always enjoyed cleaning other people's homes....maybe we can swap? 

~kelly jo
Julie Nolan
on 6/5/09 11:11 am - RI
Topic: RE: Tooting my own horn!!!

Toot away!!! You deserve it!

After all, are we ALL doing a little more tooting these days?? Hee hee

Congrats on EXCEEDING your goal!

Toot Toot!

Jules

For Info about Rhode Island Support Groups, please email me!  [email protected]

evndnl
on 6/5/09 11:08 am - RI
Topic: RE: I'm Home!!!!!!!
congrats kim, and welcome to the other side.... i am really liking it here, so i saved you a seat...lol

hope all is well
take care
linda

"The only thing I have to LOSE is weight,
after that I have everything to GAIN....."

starting weight =272
pre op =256 
surgery date = 240

Julie Nolan
on 6/5/09 11:04 am - RI
Topic: RE: I'm Home!!!!!!!

Welcome home Kim!

You are doing great, why do I know this? Because you have a wonderful Angel by your side! You couldn't have chosen anyone better!

And I also know this because you did so much foot-work prior to your surgery! The meetings, OH and investigating the surgery, just to name a few!

You were already on the journey of success before you even sat on the Losers' bench!

Keep on sippin' and walkin'!

Great Job! Hooah! Hooah!

Jules

Julie Nolan
on 6/5/09 10:59 am - RI
Topic: RE: Kim Report #3

Hey Sandy,

I just want to say thank you for sharing these Kim's precious first few days on the bench with us!

You're a wonderful Angel and I'm proud of your commitment to this journey!

You're one in a mill, Dahlin'!

Love ya!

Jules

Julie Nolan
on 6/5/09 10:55 am - RI

Hey Robyn,

Sorry you missed the RIH meeting Wednesday. There will be others.

I love all the local meetings! I go to all of them. I can certainly 'roll' with the best of you guys and get something out of each and every meeting.

The RIH meeting was set up much differently than usual. This month it was set up like 'classroom' style. It's usually set up with tables lined up on each side of the room so we are all facing one another.

Actually, this was the first time I was ever frustrated at a meeting. Cathy, I hear ya (no pun intended)! I had major ear surgery in my right ear and am deaf in that ear until I go for reconstructive surgery some time in November.

I was very frustrated because there were, not only monopolizers but people side-talking (loudly too) while others who had raised their hands to speak, were trying to talk. I couldn't hear what the heck they were saying!

Kelly Jo, don't give up going to the meetings. You WILL be heard. I and several others generally stay after each meeting chit-chatting for at least a 1/2 hour. Feel free to stick around with us. Sometimes the 'after' meeting is more informative than the meeting itself!

I love the Miriam meeting. It's definitely one of my most favorites. I will even sit in for the Lapband portion and quietly absorb as much knowledge as I can! It's the fourth Tuesday and sometimes Dr. V. even visits!

If you would like a list of all the Rhode Island meetings, please send me an email to [email protected]. I'll be sure to send it along with all their contact info, times, etc!

Have a great weekend!

Jules

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2677 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3376 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5073 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!