TEAM NO MEAT!!!!

poet_kelly
on 1/31/15 12:03 pm - OH

No, I was telling you how many calories I eat a day.  I wasn't recommending any number of calories for her.  I think you are misreading what people are saying.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chilipepper
on 1/31/15 12:16 pm

Be wary of vegetarians blowing rainbow farts spewing the "no counting of carbs or calories" lifestyle. Living the life of Chipolte and eating fruits and vegetables.  While it is possible to live that lifestyle, MOST vegetarians are sickly and have a hard time keeping their labs stable. I also, don't think some recent postops in this thread lost their weight eating beans and "plants". I am sure they followed the same kind of protocol as most everyone else and it is irresponsible of both of them to put that in a thread where a new post op is asking for advice. 1600 calories and a life of legumes is not going to get her where she needs to be. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/2/15 12:13 am - OH

The person Kelly replied to specifically asked what a typical day looked like for Kelly and that is the info she provided.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NYMom222
on 1/30/15 12:16 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You are still early out, it gets better. After 3 months I think it gets easier. My rules for eating meat and most things are- small bites - chew well - make sure it is moist. I had a too dry chicken burger get stuck one time and it was horrible. I actually find beef easier than chicken. Some people never get used to chicken from what I understand. Fish is soft too... While beans are good, they have a lot of carbohydrates too, so in my book not something to eat everyday. Ya do need your protein. I use unflavored protein powder - Genepro, I buy it on Amazon - to add to things to up the protein, cottage cheese, hummus, soup. It helps.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

C_Turner221
on 1/30/15 2:46 am
RNY on 12/22/14

AWESOME !!! Thanks a billion! I might need to get to sprinkling some protein on salad or something ... LOL ... Seriously though I need help with this because I have to get this protein in without protein shakes! LOL! Don't like fish, but I may have to continue to embrace it...  I think I am going to buy some Genepro and see what happens. Or can 3 quest bars a day at 20 grams help?  I don't know... 

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

NYMom222
on 1/30/15 2:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Don't overdo the Quest bars. One? OK, 3? no. I really feel protein shakes are better even though they are not real food either. Also don't forget the crockpot. Moist makes it easier. Join some recipe groups on Facebook for Ideas. I belong to Bariatric family recipes I think it is called. Also check out the "What are you eating today" posts, really great ideas.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/30/15 5:44 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Quest bars contain sugar alcohols which can upset your stomach. Too much can cause diharrea, and some folks have trouble after only 1... I can't imagine the effects of 3.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chilipepper
on 1/30/15 5:50 am

They changed their recipe and 1 bite makes me sick ...3 would hospitalize me. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

C_Turner221
on 1/31/15 9:17 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Chili

My question to you is what is your typical meal plan ??? I just need a little help please ... Is meat your essential means of protein? If not, how can I get my protein in a day 

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

Chilipepper
on 1/31/15 1:36 pm, edited 1/31/15 1:42 pm

You are 6 weeks post op. It's not necessary for you to eat meat at this point. It could be awhile before you can eat it comfortably. I eat scrambled eggs or a shake for breakfast.  Costco has Premier Protien shakes RTD. Each  one has 30 grams of protein and 160 calories. You have 24 hours to drink 2 of them. I love tuna salad but hate making it. I get the Starkist ready to eat tuna salad pouches. Each one is 14 grams of protien and 100 calories. I get a big bag of cooked shrimp from Costco. I thaw it out and for me I can eat it and chew it. For you get yourself a mini Cuisenart and chop it up good and then nuke it a little and put a little melted butter and old bay on it or make it into shrimp salad with a little reg mayo. I get a$4.99 rotisserie chicken from Costco. They are moist and juicy. For you, put some chunks of meat in the chopper and mince it up good.  Put some wing sauce and blue cheese crumbles on it and warm it up or make chicken salad out of it. If I eat meat. I eat a beef patty cooked medium so it doesn't dry out and put a slice of cheese on it.  I eat deli turkey or ham and roll it in a think slice of cheese and dip it in mustard. I eat steak, prefer a medium rare cooked filet because it's tender and juicy and easy on the pouch. I eat Light and Fit yogurt or plain Greek yogurt and flavor it up with sf jello powder. There is plenty of tasty options out there you just have to be creative and you will find it's easy to get in the protien as well. I love pickled eggs. How easy are they. Hard boil a big batch of eggs, peal then toss in a Tupperware container with a couple of jars of pickled beets. They are always in my fridge.  I don't think its necessarily what you are eating, most likely its to what extent you are chewing it up.  Track what your eating and you will find its not as hard as you think  

The surgical part of this new life is the easy part. Life post op is not hard you just have to to realize its a lifetime of learning and figuring out what works for you.

You also must realize you are not living to eat anymore. You are eating to live. You can't expect things to be the same as it was preop.  Some things may be to sweet or make you feel blah but if it is necessary to get in your protien and nutrients, that is what you signed up for. You do what has to be done.  

I typed this late at night on my phone so there is bound to be some grammatical or spelling errors   

Most Active
Recent Topics