Spices and seasonings

MLC45
on 3/24/19 7:56 am

I'm several year post-op and can eat any spice or sauce except excessively hot things. Those tend to give me indigestion. I do eat BBQ sauce and Ketchup but I try to only use what I need to add the flavor, not because it will cause me to dump or anything, but because I just don't need the added sugar.

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/19 3:29 pm
VSG on 10/24/18

Loved and still love spicy, seasoned stuff.

I'm 5 moths post op, I still use all the same spices and seasonings, citrus (limes, lemons) vinegars, etc. But in terms of sauces and condiments, I really only use buffalo sauce (zero carbs, calories, fat) or homemade tzatziki. I haven't found any store-bought sauces/condiments that have low enough sugar/carb/fat that are acceptable for me yet, though.

newday1978
on 3/24/19 4:37 pm
RNY on 03/12/19

Thank you everyone for this information has made me feel a lot more comfortable going into being post-op.

i_am_insain1
on 3/26/19 7:28 am

I can use any powder spices w/out any problems....it's when I use anything (saucewise) that's in a bottle from the store (other than mustard or vinegars) I have problems aka sugars dumping syndrome happens big time for me.

I make my own w/raw honey, maple or coconut sugars. No hard dumping is what I have found.

I also make a lot my foods from scratch and not the CRAP they sell in the stores.