Recent Posts

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/27/24 7:25 am
WLS on 07/15/22
Topic: RE: It?s the last Saturday of April, what?s your plans?

Coen brothers movies rock! Well. Most of them. Enjoy, and hope you get your to do list knocked out!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/27/24 7:23 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and menu friends!

Sounds like things are moving in a marginally good direction! Hopefully you can eat better today. Glad you were able to get some help at the doctor.

It's Saturday! I finished up at OTF and am at the dealership now for service. My 12 year old car has 205k miles on it. What a trooper. They're also checking my tire since I had a tire pressure warning again today. Better than the flat the other weekend. If they can't reconcile, I'll head to the tire place next.

QOTD- Unadulterated, whole leaf brewed teas are my absolute favorite. I can do some with mild flavorings like a good Earl Grey or ginger peach but I'm a purist during fancy times. Never add sugar. Brr.

Meals today will include Xacuti masala leftovers, cilbir, maybe make dal palak, and I should make maafe for meals this week. Bonus yogurt and maybe a protein bar.

Cheers, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 4/27/24 7:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I've heard we've got some severe weather coming this afternoon or this evening, which explains the massive headache I woke up with (it's gone now - thanks to caffeine and Tylenol!). My cookbook club is meeting today, but I'm not going. I haven't been in two months, although I miss it. My life has been too out-of-control lately to focus on getting a cookbook read and then making something from it. The book they're doing today is "Salt Fat Acid Heat" which actually entails a lot more reading than most cookbooks, since the focus on what different components in the title do rather than recipes (not many recipes in there). What I've read so far is pretty interesting, though, so at least I'll finish reading the book at some point.

I need to spend an hour cleaning and/or purging today since I promised myself I'd do this every day, even though I've slacked off the last two days. But I'm on it today! I also plan to finish reading a book for one of my book discussion groups that meets on Monday morning.

QOTD: a medium roast with a couple tablespoons of half & half (I don't like anything sweet in my coffee - unless it's one of those cold/iced coffee concoctions. But a regular cup of hot coffee, no. I can't stand sweeteners of any kind in it).

B: I might make protein oatmeal and put some L&F creme brûlée yogurt on top of it. Haven't had that meal in probably a year (in fact I'd forgotten about it!). Coffee with half & half

L: matzo ball soup and some kind of protein

AS: protein shake or protein pudding

D: roasted vegetables with peanut sauce and some kind of protein

have a great weekend, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 4/27/24 5:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I love the meme! Enjoy hanging with the kiddos today. Yesterday was a great day, got all the things done at work, lovely lunch catching up with a friend and a nice relaxing evening at home. It was cold and windy so we had a fire an watched our favorite Frasier re-runs. Today we going on a hike with little girl, taking a TON of cardboard to recycle and organizing the garage. I keep saying I'm going to purge a ton things and I don't quite do it but today should be cut throat. Tonight we are going to BBQ for dinner and watch a Coen bros movie of Rob's choice.

QOTD - I love SB Pike Place coffee w/skinny salted caramel sauce and half and half. I also love salted caramel tea, plain black tea and chai also - all sweet w/half and half. I usually have a cup of something in the evening.

Accountability - I had a fun sized snickers and peanut m&m's and a big handful of potato chip just because they were there. I have avoided this for the most part and I have alternatives on hand. Not a huge blow - move on. 178.2 today.

B- coffee, yogurt and protein granola

l - turkey and cheese sandwich on protein bread

d- BBQ chicken thighs, 1/2 sm baked potato and 1/2 cob of grilled corn

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Melody P.
on 4/27/24 12:45 am - Amarillo, TX
Topic: It?s the last Saturday of April, what?s your plans?

Good mornin menu friends!

My appointment went well yesterday and I've started fluconazole for the thrush. After only one day it's better. I had a tiny avocado for a snack with my pills and it didn't burn me alive, 2 days ago I tried a bite of smushed avocado and I might as well of been eating a habanero. So this makes me happy. On the way to healing. My stomach is still way off but this med should help too. I even tried some pulverized ham yesterday and that was a no go. I bet I will be able to tomorrow or late today. Wooot!

Today TWs watch the kids for 5 hours and I'm ok with it as I miss them. Randall is the sweetest kid , Riley is a stubborn mule and she comes by it honestly. She is just like my grandma that it's insane. Rachel is pretty chill and a nerd(I adore this about her as a fellow nerd). I love this kids and I don't think I could love em anymore than I do. They sure aren't perfect but who the hell is?

QOTD: For coffee and tea drinkers...or even flavored water...whatever floats your boat...what is your ideal cuppa?

I adore Frappuccinos but I haven't had one in 6+ years. I adore cold brew though. My favorite is plain coffee, usually medium roast, a little bit of the skinny salted caramel sauce that's zero calories, sugar free Italian style creamer and hopefully some whipped cream if I have it, during the winter I adore peppermint coffee, not peppermint bark..just peppermint. With mint whipped cream!

Food is just meh. Not a lot of exciting food when you can't chew lol

Au_Contraire
on 4/26/24 1:09 pm
Teenie
on 4/26/24 1:07 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

The site has been wonky for the last couple months. So glad you stopped in. Wishing you the best of luck in this part of your journey. That dress will be fitting perfectly in no time.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Au_Contraire
on 4/26/24 11:59 am, edited 4/26/24 7:50 am

Hello my RnY friends! It?s been a while since I said hello, but I do think of you all frequently, and hope you are well. I?m hanging in there!

I had my RnY 7 years ago come June, and have maintained my loss well. But over the past year or so, I gained a good 10 pounds, well up into the 130?s. I started seriously addressing this 2.5 weeks ago when I tried on a new dress I?d bought for my nephew?s summer wedding. I bought it at Macy?s online, in my regular size 2. But rather than looking as well bred and elegant as the model in that dress, I found myself looking ridiculously bombshell curvaceous, which I haven?t looked in forever. It?s kind of fun to look like I?m wearing a tight Madmen wiggle dress, but this was over the top! Curvy is one thing, but the dress looked too small, and I?ll be damned if I was going to return it for a bigger size. So I started weighing and logging my intake again on MFP. Plus I try not to eat before noon (though I have coffee), and switch to just herbal tea after 6. Anyway it?s working! Gradually my weight is going down in steps - I?ll lose two, gain one, lose another two, etc. The overall trajectory is downwards, and that makes me happy! I?ll post a photo of the dress on the model here but that?s definitely not how it looked on me! I hope I still look curvy in it at the end, but not like a stuffed sausage!

I have always had a wicked sweet tooth. A couple of weeks ago, my craving was strong. I had to buy groceries, and found myself having to (successfully!) resist browsing the candy aisle. But next I found myself in the baking aisle, holding (and fondly caressing!) a bag of incredibly attractive chocolate chips. ?130 calories? read the nutritional info on the back of the bag, and I though to myself ?Hey! Not too bad!?. But then I read the small print, only to discover that there were twenty-two 130-calorie servings in the bag! 22! Which I have the ability to down in 2-3 days! Anyway, I actually love that - knowing that anytime I am battling a craving in the store and need dissuading, all I have to do is shock myself out of a bad decision by reading the full calorie count.

QOTD: read a number of papers daily, plus the New Yorker and The Atlantic. Most of the podcasts I listen to are political, but I frequently feel both the importance of staying informed along with feeling unhappy and overburdened by this information diet. Then I unplug and go for a walk, and pay attention to our incredibly beautiful world! I?m old-school reading Love in a Cold Climate, by Nancy Mitford. Funny and light, an antidote to always having to be tuned into what is upsetting in today?s world. I view this as medicinal. Same goes for me rewatching Ted Lasso!

My two Siamese kittens are a bit over 18 months old, just a couple of weeks younger than my little grandson Charlie. All are thriving and lots of fun!

Food today:

coffee w/ almond milk

tilapia

unsweetened 0% Fage yogurt

A handful of walnuts

tuna

broccoli

herbal tea

Wishing every one of you success, good health, and much happiness!

love to you,

Cara

P.S., I?m having trouble uploading photos - the site is extremely laggy. But I will get them up!

Amy Liz
on 4/26/24 8:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

We watch Beat Bobby, too. It's interesting and a fun neutral show for us.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 4/26/24 8:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Well, to this point all I have done is talk. We will see how it goes.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
Recent Topics