Brandi Girl’s Posts

Brandi Girl
on 12/13/16 5:42 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Good morning everyone! Think we are going to get a short break from more snow for a couple of days, but not from dropping temp's unfortunately. My dogs are NOT fans of the cold or snow (not that I am either) but taking them for hikes in it is not going to happen. Maybe it's time to get a larger dog to add to the pack? haha

Christmas memory? The year I tend to remember when I think back to my childhood is the year I wanted a kick and go scooter!! I was sure I was getting one! After all 5 of us kids getting up Christmas morning and opening every gift under the tree, no kick and go to be found. I wasn't even disappointed, I got great gifts and it was so much fun watching everyone open new toys I didn't even really notice. But then when all were done my father pointed out we opened gifts without turning the Christmas lights on and asked if I would go plug them in. And there, behind the chair where the outlet was, not even wrapped was my bright red kick and go!!! Great Christmas and what a great way to surprise me! Only down part? Couldn't put it to use beside riding around the small kitchen until summer time!! haha

B:coffee

L: chicken salad

D: not sure just yet but thinking pioneer woman spicy cauliflower I hear about on this site

Brandi Girl
on 12/12/16 9:41 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Good morning everyone and great photo Daisydoo2! I made it to work this morning through all the snow and came home for lunch only to worry I may be stuck here now because of snow plows filling in end of my drive way. Oh boy! 

B: coffee

L: swiss burger on George Foreman grill

D: not sure but thinking grilled chicken breast

Brandi Girl
on 12/11/16 7:33 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Oh eating too fast!!! I could have listed this one as well 

Brandi Girl
on 12/11/16 7:30 am

Congratulations on being "normal"!  Can't wait to be there too!

Brandi Girl
on 12/11/16 5:10 am

Good morning everyone! Didn't wake up to the 10 inches of snow we were suppose to have so that is a god thing! But it isn't done yet so... Sorry to hear your power is on/off on such a cold day! Day's like that I miss our old wood burning stove. We have a fireplace but in the couple of years we have lived in this house we have yet to use it.

QOTD: Hate to say this but probably one of the worse habit's I developed a couple of years after my surgery is my addiction to diet soda! I know, I know! But I tell myself it is a calorie free drink so it meets half the requirements. I always struggled with getting in fluids before so I turned to this. Something I need to work on.

B: eggs and sausage

L: swiss burger

D: right now thinking chicken strips with steamed broccoli 

Brandi Girl
on 12/10/16 5:09 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Good morning everyone! Both husband and I should get out of work a little earlier than we normally do on week nights so hoping to go to a nearby town and look at the Christmas lights! Each business covers the front side with a different color Christmas light and the whole strip down town is breath taking! Traffic can be unreal due to people coming to just look let alone Christmas shopping and parking anywhere is pretty much impossible but worth the trip over.

My favorite Christmas song is White Christmas Bing Crosby. Old but takes me back and puts me in the spirits. 

L: swiss burger on my George Foreman (my usual lunch on work days)

D: ham in crock pot (if I get off my lazy butt and get it started soon)

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/16 5:13 pm
Topic: RE: weight loss at a standstill

I have to say I 100% agree with Laura from Texas! Allowing yourself or worse yet forcing yourself to eat more is a bad habit to get "back into"!! You are at a stall. They always happen and will always happen at some point but it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to not lose weight at eating 500 calories per day! It will happen. Hang in there. Maybe change the types of food you are eating and see if that makes a difference? I got off a stale once early on by cutting dairy out of my diet. I seen the scale fall after I did this. I eventually added it back in but for a while it was what my body needed to give it a kick start.

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/16 5:07 pm
Topic: RE: Sitting in ER

Glad that it didn't turn out to be something much more serious. That constipation is something I think most of us deal with at some point and many of us always battle! Miralax and stool softeners are our best friends 

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/16 9:47 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Let's see, pet peeve? Lazy people. I don't know how to post photo's on here yet so that will have to wait. Computers are not my thing :/

L: lean burger with swiss cheese

D: something with the ham we bought. Not sure what yet.

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/16 5:05 am
Topic: RE: Question

Thank you. And this may be a really odd comment but I just want to say I love your screen name! 

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 3:43 pm
Topic: RE: Everything stuffed peppers

That's the one! Other's are missing out!! I could almost live on this salad with grilled chicken

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 3:24 pm

We use the 50/50 spring mix for our salads or just baby spinach. We make Travers City salads often. It's a Michigan thing but I'm sure every state has them just by different names.

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 11:31 am
Topic: RE: Post Workout Meals

Possibly slowly increase your 'good carbs' and see how your body responds? Start with sweet potatoes or legumes and watch your energy level and scale. I avoid carbs as much as possible but will had those occasionally and see no negative effects on my body. And I am sure with all the 'good' nutrients they have my body is getting benefits from them. Small handful of Almonds before working out is usually all it takes for me to get the energy to put in a good workout!

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:42 am

I have thank you! It is one of the threads I stalked often to get meal idea's! haha

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:39 am

Oh I am sure peppers are much better nutritionally! I only did a little research about lettuce's. Found that Romaine was much better than head lettuce so we chose that. It has been a while since I tried peppers and tastes do change over time so fingers crossed I will have a new healthy food option when I try it again.

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:33 am

I am 5 years out (funny but I didn't realize that until this morning, don't know why). I feel the surgery was a GREAT success. That being said, it was not a CURE ALL. Just like any/all the surgery's I'm sure. I have had some weight  regain. Just from my own personal poor food choices, no fault of the surgery! I work hard at staying on track and do pretty well most the time. But I have to always be aware. 

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:29 am
Topic: RE: First Dinner Out!

Oh boy, eating out even 5 years later makes me nervous! I try my hardest to plan ahead and go to same 5 or so restaurants so I know their menu. But when I am unable to go to same place or just want to try something new I take my time with the menu. Some days I fall back on old reliable foods I know (salads or chopped steak) other times I order, ask the waitstaff lots of questions about ingredients and TRY not to be shy about asking for specialty's (such as leaving out certain things).

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:25 am

I have never been a pepper fan but this sounds so good I am going to have to try them again! In our home we use Romaine Lettuce as a bread/wrap alternative. We use it from everything like chicken salad too sloppy joe's! Easy and no carbs :)

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:22 am

I had Gastric Plication surgery. Instead of removing part of the stomach like they do with the sleeve surgery, they just folded my stomach and sewed it smaller. Pretty unheard of even after the 5 years I have had it done. So you can imagine there are no support groups out there for my 'type' of surgery and when I first had my surgery this site was VERY different and posting on other surgery type forums was a VERY BIG issue for some people. This is why I felt the need to ask before I just added my opinion on threads. Thank you to ALL for accepting and welcoming me :)

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 9:35 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Nope! But now I have plans for the weekend ;) Thanks! 

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 9:11 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Hello. Wish I could join in on the any special talents but can't think of any! Haha but I love reading everyone else's!! 

L: ham, cheese, mushroom omelette 

D: Pork tenderloin with acorn squash 

Have a great day everyone!

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 7:02 am

I just wanted to ask how the forum feels about posts from others who have not had the same RNY surgery on this forum? To me this seems to be the most active forum and I often come here to read posts and comments but didn't post until today because I am not a fellow RNY'er. Don't want to offend anyone. Is this frowned upon? Thank you.

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 6:46 am
Topic: RE: Negative comments...

My opinion, be cautious who you tell. Once it's told you can't take it back! Others speak and tell others for one thing. The one's who you are not telling due to them worrying is one thing, but remember they will continue to worry even after your surgery! Every time you go through a 'rough' period or health issue they will worry and want to say 'see your surgery was a mistake'. You can't keep them from worrying if they know about the surgery. That being said, once you start to drop weight drastically, they will worry!!! They will worry a LOT!! If you don't tell them you will have to continue to lie so ask yourself now if you are ok with that? I told few people before my surgery. The worriers worried over the weight loss. The one's who I thought would be supportive gave me a lot of negative comments such as 'taking easy way out' and even worse laughed at some regain I have recently had! Trust me these things hurt more than you realize right now!! You DO need supportive people to help you when tough times come and to be your cheer leader!! Just choose them wisely. My opinion. BEST OF LUCK with your new life :)