Hello, folks! I just found this Tx area of OH & I'm 10 yrs out

PomMomTx
on 4/30/09 2:28 am
Hello to everyone!

I found OH & joined just recently, and even more recently (yesterday) found this area.  Great inspiration here!!

My introduction:

I had open RNY April 23, 1999.  I lost the excess weight and kept it off 5 years before getting lax on both exercise and compliance. In the last 5 years, I gradually regained some, but am back on track as of April 15. See my signature.

I decided not to weigh myself everyday, I get too wrapped up in doing so. I do however use fitday to document all I eat/drink daily.

I just gave up my morning coffee last week which I drank with way too much coffeemate to get it sweet & creamy. This is in no way healthy; too many carbs and trans fats to boot. I moved to Click drink to wean me from it. So far, so good!

I joined Curves for the 30-day Avon study & started last Friday.

Back aboard the compliance bandwagon!

Have a great day!

~Lynn

Open RNY/GB removal/appendectomy4/99; -132lbs; Re-gained 40lbs by '09; Now w/in 20lbs of goal/low wt

Ansampson
on 4/30/09 2:34 am
Welcome to the board. Glad you are being proactive in regards to your weight gain. All things are possible. Remember the basics protien first and no drinking 30 minutes before and after meals.
ttambo
on 4/30/09 3:54 am - Galveston, TX
Welcome!!!

There are several folks on here that are 5+ years out.....don't know if we have anyone else that is 10 years out!

Look for the WLS Express every morning - it's a good way to meet the cast of characters on the Texas Message Board [TMB]

Let us know how we can help!!!

back in Galveston
Current Galveston weather from the Weather Channel

“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm?
Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
John Wayne

OH Support Group Leader

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/09 4:16 am

Hi Lynn!  Welcome.  Wow, 10 years!  It's good to hear from someone that far out.  And I love the Pomeranian you have for your avatar.

Barbara

Vivian Prouty
on 4/30/09 4:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
Welcome to the TMB and to OH.   This is a amazing website and it has a world of support here too.    Sounds like you are back on track with a boom.   Congradulations and the weight will be falling off of you again really soon.   Welcome and we are all here to encourage you on your journey back.

Hugs and blessings !!   Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

cajungirl
on 4/30/09 5:22 am
Hi Lynn, welcome to the TMB.  This board is amazing, very inspirational and supportive.  Congrats on getting back on track.  Those of us further out are realizing more and more how much harder and work it is the further out you get. 

Sounds like you are working your plan, kudos.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

meggieintx
on 4/30/09 5:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey!! Welcome to the board. You have shown great success..glad to hear you rae back on track!! By the way what is Click drink?

Meggie
Megan 
cajungirl
on 4/30/09 6:15 am
Meggie, I've seen others rave about the Click on the main board.  I know Melting Mama and Eggface both use it and Sharyn won some from OH.  Need to find out if Sharyn ever received hers.

It's life coffee protien (I hear)  http://drinkclick.com/

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Deb *.
on 4/30/09 6:23 am

Hey Lynn!!!  Welcome to the board!!  Glad you found us.  Congrats on the fantastic attitude and for taking control back over your weight.  It's definitely hard to get back into the practice and kick the habits again, but it sounds like you are well on your way.

What part of Texas are you in?  We've got some great in person support groups all over that could be very useful for you too.

Debbi

Batwingsman
on 4/30/09 7:31 am - Garland, TX
 Wow a "Barzuner"  ..  Seems we never see his patients on here anymore, and I wondered if he is even doing WLS these days ..   

I went to one of his fancy informational presentations 5 or 6 years ago in Dallas (even got one of his free "tote bags" there!)   He was the King of RNY in N. Texas back in those days .. 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 25 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 101 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 411 views