OT: stupid swine flu

Kris M.
on 4/30/09 7:45 am - Near Dallas, TX
Someone explain the rational to cancelling the outdoor activities(at our school it's field day and a field trip to a nature place...both all outside), and keeping school in session where the kids are confined in small rooms together with their germs...AND telling them they can't use the community markers or glue or anything like that because of the germs.  Hellooooo....the germs will still be on ALL that stuff next week too!!!

Just absurd.

Kris M.   Ignorance is bliss...but not when you're aware of it!!

Vicki V.
on 4/30/09 7:51 am - Corpus Christi, TX
I think rationality has "left the building."  In Corpus Christi they just pulled all the marching bands and drill teams out of out annual lighted night parade which is scheduled for Saturday night.  Schools are still in session, but they can't march in the parade.  Go figure. 
Vicki

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity... If knocked down, I will get back up, every time.  – U.S. Navy SEALs

Visit my blog Grams Made It

Teena C.
on 4/30/09 11:29 pm - Crandall, TX
You should live up here in North Texas.  Dallas and Ft Worh can't agree on what to do.  Ft. Worth shut down their entire school district for one child testing positive.  Dallas also has had 1 student test positive and only shut down that school.  Ft. Worth is cancelling all outside activities and festivals for this weekend.  Dallas hasn't.  They were even talking about cancelling the Ranger games and The Maverick games.  Well those bring in money so you know that wasn't going to happen.  We all just need to be smart.  Protect yourselves.  But I for one am not going to lock myself and my family up in our home at this point in time.  We just can't live that way. 

Kris M.
on 4/30/09 7:56 am - Near Dallas, TX
It's beyond retarded.  My MIL is wondering if we should go to Winstar with all the people who will be there...hellooooo...Chris works in a building with 6000 people all day and I shop at Walmart.  What's the dang difference????
Kris M.   Ignorance is bliss...but not when you're aware of it!!

ttambo
on 4/30/09 7:59 am - Galveston, TX
and I work on a gov't run facility with 15,000 other people........

back in Galveston
Current Galveston weather from the Weather Channel

“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm?
Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
John Wayne

OH Support Group Leader

Lynnette S.
on 4/30/09 8:07 am - Whitesboro, TX

I do use hand sanitizer when I leave there cause I have been in the bathroom and woman have left without washing their hands, and than go touch the machines. But I also do that at Walmart cause people don't always wash their hands. I've never understood that, it takes 1 min to stop and wash your hands! EWWW!

Your loved!

Lynnette

Bingo 

Lynnette S.
on 4/30/09 8:01 am - Whitesboro, TX

I guess they are error on the side of caution. Hubby was shocked that he was sent home today with a very low grade fever, can't return until Monday after Dr visit and no temp. I'm like you Kris, more germs inside than out,maybe because it is going to a public place? I am trying to decide if I should cancel my cruise to Cozamel? Mexico is a little risky.

Your loved!

Lynnette

Say Ah 

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 8:02 am
tell me about it.. i work for the PO LEESE, ,so you KNOW what kinda funk i run into on a daily basis.. EWWWWW

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Kathy B.
on 4/30/09 9:15 am - TX
Don't be hatin on convicted Felons.. They are people too.
roflmao.............

Smile, it increases your face value.

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 9:34 am
SOMEOf them are.. some.. not so much :)

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 24 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views