do u know why?

vickie O.
on 5/1/09 2:55 am - amarillo, TX
i  went to doc warnock yesterday and he wants me to get down to 160 or 170 and i am 5 foot six.  i told him i would like to get down to 150 or less. he said he doesn't want me to lose too much weight. i asked how much he thought my loose skin on my panni weight and he said about 5=8 pounds.  why does he only want me to get only down to there. hell i need to get below 155 so i will not be considered overweight. any suggestions?

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Teena C.
on 5/1/09 3:53 am - Crandall, TX
Not sure exactly why.  Could be health reasons or age reasons.  But I would say when you get to where he wants you then decide if you are happy there.  If you are not then get to where you want to be.  I am 5'6" and I am at 150.  My family thinks I am too skinny and wishes I would put on 5-10 pounds but for me I am not ready to let that happen just yet.  To me iot's allaobut how I look and not always what that number on the box says.  To be honest I never dreamed I would ever weigh 150.  but this must be where my body should be.  It was 100 pounds lost for me and I got down to 145 but got back up to 150 and have stayed there so I guess this is where my body wants to be.

Cruise Director Julie
on 5/1/09 4:18 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
OK, I think everyone agrees that the BMI charts are screwy. There are weight charts that take into account age and that may be what Dr. Warnock is refering to.

I'm just under 5'5". My surgeon's goal for me was 152. My personal goal was 144. I weigh 130ish most days and occassionally drop into the 120s. I've been this weight for at least 2 years now. I don't live near my family so I don't hear the "You're too thin." thing much anymore, but last summer when I went home, it was for a family graduation party and no one knew who I was.

Your body will let you know what it wants to weigh. I stopped actively trying to lose weight when I hit 144 and lost another 16 lbs. trying to maintain and even gain.
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
timsdanni
on 5/1/09 4:47 am - Ft Stewart, GA
depending on how much you have to lose and how long you have been heavy (for me 200+ pounds and all my life) your body and you MIND may not be comfortable in the 150s - I honeslty beleive our bodys will level out where they are most comfortable - I am still over 200 - I really would love to see the 170-180 range but where I am now is working on getting stronger and healthyer not thinnner

so keep on losing till you feel right - some folks lose to much and then most of them regain to a healthy weight- remember that goal is just that it is a goal - none of us KNOW what we look like at goal - we have ideas we have plans and dreams, memorys etc but not knowledge

something I have observed is if you have hit your low weight and look at a pic of yourself you will see honeslty ifyou are small enough or to small

and the BMI charts are crap IMHO think of the differnce between a 280 pound football player who is all muscle and nice to look at vs a 280 pound couch tator - both have the same BMI

some people use body fat which is a more acurate and true gauge then the scale or the BMI charts

Danni
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

julieac4
on 5/1/09 7:23 am - houston, TX
My doc   wants me to 165  because  if i loose  too much  then  when i do plastic  i wont  have a body lol.  I am 5'4.

At first i didnt  agree but now i am.  And i am hoping  to do a full body plastics  if i can  so  after i do   then i should  be smaller then 165 

HUGS,

JULIET 

all  about my new life journey ......http://julieac4.blogspot.com/

jwinrrtx
on 5/1/09 7:28 am - Round Rock, TX
I don't get it...seems to me being "normal" is a good thing especially as you age.  My surgeon didn't set a goal for me-he asked me what I wanted as a goal.  Honestly I had no clue but the closer I got to the "normal" thing the more I wanted it. LOL  I also discussed it with my PCP because she has more of an investment in my overall health than my surgeon. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 9:16 am
Sigh.....originally my goal was 135, but then I kind of decided (with PA's help) that was a pretty far reach since I am not 20, or even 30 any more.....I am looking for 150, then will go from there IF I ever get that far........

Kat
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views