The NIGH****CHMAN 5/3

George T.
on 5/3/09 10:34 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Good evening all.  Busy weekend.  Hopeful weekend too.

Friday was a baseball game.  Last night, went again, but left before the game started.  I honestly did not think they would get it in.  They did, but after all the rain delays, it ended after midnight.  Rangers are looking better these days.  Still need relief pitching in a bad way.

The hopeful weekend comes in regard to my son.  He has been out of work 2 weeks now, but he has 2 job interviews tomorrow.  One is very promising.  It about fell into his lap.  It is as if God had a reason for him to be where he was, when he was.  I will be babysitting while he goes, so not much sleep for me.  I will probably take off from the part time job to get a good 3 or 4 hour nap in.

Prayer requests are listed below.

I do ask that you keep me updated on requests.  Often.  Please. 

Also, please feel free to just visit here.  Tell us about how your day went.  Your successes.  Your failures.  Your fun.  Whatever.  When I post this thread, I do not have access to any chat programs, so this sometimes substitute as that vessel for me.

Continue to keep your thoughts and prayers for the members of our Armed Forces serving around the world, especially during this time of increased awareness.  Please thank God for these men and women every day.  In addition, please keep the wives and family members in your thoughts.

Three wonderful people - Ramon, Yvonne, and Debra - are having their conference in May (15-17) in Galveston.  Prayers for a successful weekend of paying it forward.

PEOPLE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT:

Brad - my son
Jennifer - (Cruise Director Julie)
Nina

Those who are not yet unemployed, but layoffs are looming

Brenda F.  - has some hernias.

Cindy Mc - a coworker has a 5 yr old son who was diagnosed at 3 with Metastatic Retinoblastoma.  He lost his right eye, but through chemo and radiation it was thought the cancer was gone.  It is back and spreading in his brain.
  There is no cure and they are treating him with some oral Chemo medication right now. I am just asking that you pray for Isaac Xavuer Vasques-Grimmett. He is a precious little boy who has been through a whole lot of difficult times in his 5 short years. We are praying for a miracle but if we can't get that... For God's mercy and grace to keep this precious little boy and his family from suffering too much.

Debra - in hospital, a stroke was ruled out, but still looking for answers as to what put her in the hospital.

Gina J. - Pray for her 6 year old Marina, diagnosed with a terminal illness at age 2.
 She has improved, but still needs our prayers.  Pray for this brave little girl.

Jodie (Jodieblonde) - asking prayers for her friend Melissa and her family.  Melissa's mother is in the end stage of Alzheimers and the family has been called together.

Karen (Misty750342002) - A friend of Karen's from work (who is like a son to her), Dustin Murphy, is 24 years old and has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.

Stephanie (tickledpink) - friend, Dutch, was in a motorcycle accident.  Arm broken in 3 places, surgery on 4/27.

Vicki V.  - husband Patrick continues to have health problems.  Awaiting results from neurological testing. More tests are upcoming this week.

Vanessa - We have all followed the story of Elizabeth.  Here is her Caringbridge page:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elizabethdunford

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Cruise Director Julie
on 5/3/09 1:23 pm - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Hi George;

I'm having what is becoming my weekly Sunday night anxiety because I have no where to be on Mondays. It's been a low key weekend here. I was disappointed to see the Wings lose today, but they did win their first 5 play-off games, so I guess it was someone else's turn.

I hope Brad's interviews go well and one of them is the right job for him. Prayers for all who need them.

Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
Jill P
on 5/3/09 1:26 pm - Katy, TX
Hey Jen.....
Hang in there girl!  I keep all of you in my thoughts who are looking for employment these days     

Hmmm....kinda nice...the NW has two out of the three in the "trifecta" posting.  Uhm, Liz, girl, where are ya'? 
Jill P. 
288/162/145
9-21-04

Liz_G_Tx
on 5/3/09 1:32 pm
right here  just got in from a quick walk with the kids.. Been missing you around here :)
Glad you got your cable back up adn running. 

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

George T.
on 5/3/09 1:41 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
My Trifecta is BACK!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

George T.
on 5/3/09 1:50 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

My prayers are with you not only during this time of employment issues, but also with your anxiety.  Take a deep breath.  Post on the boards to keep you busy and keep your mind off of things.

If I was a Wings fan, I would not be too worried either.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Jill P
on 5/3/09 1:23 pm - Katy, TX
Hi-dee-ho everyone!!!  Glad I can actually post on the NW as my internet AND cable were out the past few days due to one incompetent idiot at ComCRAP.  Anyway.... back on which is good!

Kiddos are all ready for the week.  Hoping they all stay in school this week.  One school here in Katy is out for the week with one "highly probable" swine flu case so the entire school is now closed for the entire week and supposedly maintenance will be disinfecting the entire school during the week!  This is when it would be nice if all the kids had on-line classes so they wouldn't get behind!!!

Better get myself moving.  I took a little snooze on the recliner after dinner so hopefully didn't screw up my sleep tonight!

See ya!
Jill P. 
288/162/145
9-21-04

Jill P
on 5/3/09 1:40 pm - Katy, TX
Wooohoooo George....looky here...the TRIFECTA has all checked in today!!!  YIPPEEE!!!!!   Now...don't faint on us!!! 
Jill P. 
288/162/145
9-21-04

Phyllis M.
on 5/3/09 2:01 pm - Irving, TX
Hi George and everyone else !! 

What a great weekend.          Yes  I worked, but I planned on making 2 diffferent meals this weekend to get us through the week with many many leftovers..................I'll make the 2nd dish tomorrow sometime.................ran out of time today..............

I have never made lasagna before and I did so today...I didn't use as many noodles I guess as I could have...........but I wanted meat, cheese and a little bit of noodles............

SUCCESS !!     It was good..............I had the corner and about 4-5 bites.......was full.
James commented:  "You sure didn't eat that much"     I said  " I Know - but I nbbled when the meat was cooking and simmering !!  lol................but I have enough left overs for ALL WEEK !!
Made garlic toast and green beans to go with it.........................

Tomorrow I'm going to make the Chicken casserole that Lynnette raves over all the time and I stocked up on CR of Mushroom too !!   lol             

Not much other than work going on this upcoming week and gonna dodge those illnesses going out whether it is the weather change, colds or the FLU...whatever kind is floating around......

HOpe everyone stays healthy this week !!

(((Hugggss))))
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

George T.
on 5/3/09 2:09 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Lynette's recipe is outstanding!!!! As a matter of fact, that is what I am having tonight. 

I was looking at the pizza casserole recipe that was posted.  Think I may try it. 

Love lasagna.  Just don't like to make it.  Too much work.  Mary makes it once in a while.  A very long while.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views