colleen kennedy/wls associates, dallas

JenBBee
on 5/4/09 2:37 am

Anyone here use Dr. Colleen Kennedy in Dallas?

I've heard good things about her associat, Dr. Kuhn, but not so much about her.  How's the office?  I'm going through Baylor instead of Medical City.  Anyone have advice about the hospital or fees that can be expected from there or the doctors or whatnot.  Any insight would be nice.

Thanks.  God Bless.

Lorelei_Lee
on 5/4/09 2:55 am - Dallas, TX
Are you cash pay?  I was, so I chose Medical City because they had a fixed charge for the surgery.  WLS Associates told me Baylor did not have a fixed charge.  I was pretty terrified of how much that bill might end up being!

I met Dr. Kennedy once in the hospital after my surgery (she was doing Dr. Kuhn's rounds for him that morning).  She seemed nice enough.  But I chose Dr. Kuhn because he has so much experience with RNY.  Everything I have read says that surgical complications are in direct inverse proportion to the surgeon's experience level.

I have had no physical problems whatsoever since my surgery 4-1/2 months ago.  Nor did I have any problems with Medical City.

Best of luck to you.
JenBBee
on 5/4/09 3:42 am
They'll be using my insurance.  The way I understand it, I'll most likely have to pay my max out of pocket, but then I was also told by someone that in addition to that, I'll have hospital fees and anestesiologist fees, etc.

Lynnette S.
on 5/4/09 1:06 pm - Whitesboro, TX

I had my surgery at Baylor. I used Dr Arnold but I don't think he does WLS anymore? But Dr Kuhn is very good! I had excellent care at Baylor, almost too good. I had so many nurses I lost count!

Good luck,

Lynnette

jeris
on 5/4/09 1:47 pm - Austin, TX
Dr. Kennedy wasn't my original surgeon, but I have seen her and I liked her.  I was seeking a revision as my orginal surgeon was making pouches bigger back in 2002 when I had my RNY.  I had great care at Baylor and always have.  I'm trying to remember what I paid?  Perhaps $100 out of pocket?  Can't remember.  I was an employee at Baylor at the time, not to say I got special treatment.. 

Lynette, I think Dr. Arnold is still doing WLS, but he's not affiliated with the Baylor group anymore.  Trust me, I know.  I tried for almost a year to get in to see him and our schedules always conflicted.  That's how I saw Dr.  Kennedy.  I would have seen Dr. Kuhn too - I wanted in with a quickness because of the regain, so I took first available.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views