May Motivation Tuesday

Karla Lewis
on 5/4/09 9:03 pm - Livingston, TX
Today should be a Terrific Tuesday!  I got in exercise,vits/supplements/2 protein drinks/lots of liquids yesterday!  Not a perfect eating day, but not out of  line either.

I had a frozen entree for lunch yesterday; 100 cal. pretzels/cupcake/quesadilla/few bites cream cheese frosting...which I then threw in the trash so I wouldn't be tempted anymore!

today's plan:
already exercised  1/2 hr.
drank 1 protein drink...1 more to go
lots of liquids
taco casserole for lunch
chicken dinner for supper...will be at a banquet

What's motivating you?

What's your plan?

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

cajungirl
on 5/4/09 9:39 pm
Karla, I read everyones input on the Accountability, start each month with my goals and just get off the daily accountability and go into denial mode.  As I posted on the train, I cannot deny it any longer.

I need to focus and get going so for today I'm planning it out like this.  I'll go day-to-day right now, baby steps to back on track.  I know I can do it.

Today:

Pre-breakfast ~  coffee w/splenda and creamer
Breakfast ~ 2 slices of bacon and 1 boiled egg
Snack ~ protein shake or cheese and deli turkey
Lunch ~ salad w/grilled chicken, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, celery, carrots & Vidala Onion Salad Dressing.  Fruit maybe
Snack ~ Protein shake or cheese and deli turkey
Dinner ~ Meatball stew (will limit or avoid rice)

I should probably plan on something good before bed, this has been the hardest time for me.  It's when I eat the most sugar of the day.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

timsdanni
on 5/4/09 10:28 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
dana I have been on a cottage chese n berry kick most nights lately- add splenda so it is sweet- maybe 1/2 serving of pecans - not the lowest cal snack but better than the ice cream calling my name

u can do this!! u have the knowledge n willpower to get back on track now u just have to find the emotional engery to make u a priority- I honestly think that is the hardest part for me - it was easy when I was "dieting" b/c I don't know why it just was I guess since this is our way of life and it doesn't seem fair we have to put so much effort into eating the right way

hope this make sence
hugs sweetie
Danni
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Amanda Roberson
on 5/4/09 9:51 pm - Houston, TX
Okay I am back after three days offline -- stupid network and computer repair guys at work... if they fixed my work problems I wouldn't have to work so late at night and at AP close (month end) !!!!!!!!! Really... okay off the soap box.

1. To loose 10 lbs this month - Starting weight 258 - Working on that. I don't weigh except on Sunday's to avoid getting discouraged so I will update on that one on Sunday.

2. Drink Water - Doing good averaging around 80-120 ounces a day.

3. Vitamins - Did good except for yesterday. Ran out of Iron and Multi's. Husband had the good sense to get replacements. Starting again today already had most of what I need at 6:45 so that's good. Just need a few more calcium's later and then I am done.

4. Working out - Wanting to work out three times per week. With Month End this week it won't happen but after that I am going back to that game plan. I do take the stairs at work because when it flooded our elevator got flooded on the basement parking level and it will be another two weeks to fix -- so that is 4 flights of stairs twice a day so that's something right?

Eating -- Don't have a plan today but I see that most of you post what you plan on eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner so I will come prepared tomorrow! As for today

Breakfast - South Beach Cereal Bar Protein - Maple Walnut (10 grams protein) and a Light Cheese Stick (6 Grams Protein)
Lunch - Company caters - normally I will have a salad.
Snack -
Dinner-
LNS -

That's all the planning I have done so far.

--- Amanda

151lbs lost since surgery.  36lbs pre-surgery !
Total today is = 187lbs lost !!!

jwinrrtx
on 5/4/09 10:02 pm - Round Rock, TX

I'm doing really well eating.  Not getting formal exercise still but being at the office I took 3 flights of stairs many, many times so I'm counting that.  Will do the same today.  Got all my water in & then some. 

Okay...need to get to work.

Hugs,

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

timsdanni
on 5/4/09 11:35 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
waiting on tim to get home or 9:30 when the gym has childcare so I can work out

foods were ok yesterday - had 3 bites of cake at the awads ceremony - yuck feeling from that at the time

have foods planned but my clipbaord is in the other room
eggs with ham, cheese n veggies for breakfast

weight back to 210 -this months starting weight but that is ok-will keep working it
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

JodieBlonde
on 5/5/09 12:03 am - Mesquite, TX

My goals for May are:

*Starting weight 164.4.  Goal for May will be to reach my surgeon's goal of 160.  Ten months out and be at goal?  HECK YEAH!!  This morning weighing in at 165.2 - no change from yesterday

*Exercise minimum of 3 times per week.  Walking, recorded program ..... just something that has me moving.  
Never made it for the walk yesterday due to storms rolled in about the time I was heading out. 

*Stick with getting 64-80 ozs of water EVERY day.  Probably closer to 50 ozs than 64

*Post on this topic each day to keep myself in check.  (Exemption 5/15-5/17 due to RYD Obesity Conference in Galveston)  This one is easy - SUCCESS! 

*And the BIGGIE - quit smoking. Work in progress

Stephanie G.
on 5/5/09 12:24 am - Rowlett, TX

Hey guys, I did pretty good yesterday.  I had a protein drink for breakfast, Marie Callendar's Shrimp Scampi for lunch (350 calories/12 gm protein), dinner was grilled chicken, 1/2 cup scalloped potatoes, steamed carrots.  Snacks were fresh strawberries and grapes, low fat trash mix.

Today?  Well I've got a protein drink defrosting for breakfast and lunch I have leftover grilled chicken.  Dinner??  Will have to look in the freezer and see what's there.  I need to make some more SF/FF pudding, it's been over a month and that stuff is a great snack.

When in doubt, think S W I M S U I T

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

Deb *.
on 5/5/09 2:59 am
I'm not sure what my goals are going to be this month.  I'm feeling overwhelmed a bit by the move and getting the new place set up.  So I think one of my goals is to have everything out of boxes and arranged before the end of the month.

I need to set up some personal, non WLS goals also.  There are several things I'd like to really start focusing on in my life, but haven't spent any time putting those ideas together yet. 

Health goals for the month are going to be to get back to the gym or purposeful movement 3-4 times a week, and continue to track my food intake all day every day.  I will continue to only weigh monthly on the 22nd to help my sanity, and focus on how I'm feeling and able to move as my indicators to how I'm doing.

I think one thing I need to do is commit to a date to do another 5K, even if it's not a race one.  I need to have an event on my calendar to work towards to really motivate me to move.  Anyone want to do a TMB informal 5K sometime?  Ideas on locations, dates, times?

Debbi

Sarah448
on 5/5/09 3:13 am - Friendswood, TX
My goal this month is to break into the 150's.  I was at 161.6 this morning.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but at almost 10 months out my weight loss has slowed WAAAAY down so I need to set smaller goals.

I had cottage cheese and coffee protein for breakfast, baked fish and rice for lunch.  Dinner is whatever DH fixes - I saw a whole chicken in the sink this morning so something along those lines.

For snacks I have cheese sticks, peanuts and soy crisps chips.

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views