Having revision surgery on May 5th to RNY looking for Support groups in Fort Worth

Craig C.
on 4/7/11 2:08 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hello everyone

I am getting ready to have revision surgery to a RNY gastric bypass on May 5th.  Super excited about this as I formerly had the lap band and due to staph infection being introduced during a fill, I had to have my band removed. Hated the port anyway, so I really think this is the way to go. I am interested in finding a support group in the Fort Worth area.  I live near Hulen.  Does anyone know of support groups in the area?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again

Craig
Liz_G_Tx
on 4/7/11 6:29 am
hi Craig
welcome.  Yes we have support in Fort Worth and its near Hulen.  We meet every other sat at the Central Market Hulen and 377. We also have these impromtu dinners and coffees just coz sometimes we need it 
Keep watching the board and posting and you will find out when we are getting together )

Congrats again
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

meggieintx
on 4/7/11 10:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
we meet this saturday at 9:30 at central market in the shopping center at i30 and hulen. some people will be at the Komen walk that morning but are welcome to come after since the walk wil be over by then. we welcome everyone. damn i wish my exclamation point worked.

meggie
Megan 
Craig C.
on 4/8/11 1:32 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you so much ladies for your quick response. I am assuming 930 AM not PM? I normally work on saturdays but I can certainly try to make it for the ones I close.(i.e dont have to be in until 1pm) I look forward to attending and again thank you so much for taking the time to let me know

Stephanie G.
on 4/10/11 12:45 am - Rowlett, TX
I don't live in your part of town but wanted to let you know that I had a revision from a lapband to RNY almost 4 years ago.  It was the best decision I've ever made.  I got to goal in less than a year and have been able to maintain it (so far) with a lot of hard work. 

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

Craig C.
on 4/10/11 1:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thats awesome Stephanie. I hope I can be as conscienious as you and stick with it as well.  Real excited  to be having it done.

Craig
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views