Update on Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 4/27/11 3:43 pm, edited 4/27/11 11:29 pm - Mesquite, TX
I have not been here in a minute due to medical issues I have been having.

I was hospitalized repeatedly since December 2010 not WLS related

12/10 - I was in the hospital for two weeks due to Malnutrition I stopped eating out of fear of gaining back my weight. I ended up with two feeding tubes in my nose (at seperate times) and they kept falling out so they gave me a dual picc line and I was fed on TPN at home for two months.

2/2011 - I was in the hospital for two weeks because I had severe anemia (hemoglobin was 5) and I passed out and it turned out that I had a staph infection from the dual picc line and was septic.

3/2011 - I was in the hospital for two weeks because I had Pneumonia and stap/bacterial infection was still present from Feb. I now have Endocarditis of the tricuspid valve because of it.

Those that may remember I had a revision 10-09-09 by Dr. David Provost.

I was revised from proximal to distal and had a gastro gastric fistula repaired.

I almost died three times Dec, Feb, and March.

I am so glad to be alive.

I am fine now, but still am fighting this eating disorder that I have.

I am really terrified of getting big again.

I am now 5'6 158 and would like to lose another 20 lbs.

I am getting counseling for my eating disorder so I am taking care of myself in that aspect.

I just wanted to come on here and see how you all were and to update you on me.

I hope you all are doing well.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

meggieintx
on 4/27/11 10:12 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Teena,

Glad you are back with us, we will always be here to support. So sad you have gone through all this, it is a hard thing. I understand about being terrified you will gain it back, many of us are. Especially those of us that have had many complications.  I will keep you in  my prayers.

Meggie
Megan 
Teena A.
on 4/27/11 10:54 pm, edited 4/27/11 10:54 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thx Meggie.

How have you been?

Last time I was here you were having some issues.

I hope since then the issues were resolved and you are in better health now.

I am so grateful for the support that that is here.

I may be gone from time to time, but I know where home is.

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous Thursday.

Thank you and I will keep you in my prayers as well.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

meggieintx
on 4/28/11 11:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
Till puttering along. Still at goal and periodicaly having issues. Where are you going to lose 20 pounds from honey?? Your height and weight seem like they are spot on?? I am at 5'2" and about 135.  If I lost 20 lbs I would be emaciated. Do you have a lot of excess skin? that can account for 10-15 lbs! I know they estimate mine around 15lbs. Want you to be happy but tjink about it some more! Keep in touch.

Meggie
Megan 
Teena A.
on 4/28/11 12:16 pm - Mesquite, TX
Glad to hear you still puttering along and at goal and your issues as as often.

You are right I do have a lot of skin on my arms, breast, thighs, and very lil on my tummy.

I bet if you added it up it would account for 15 lbs.

My doctors said the same about 138 would be to small for me.

They said you already wear an 8 what do you want to be a size smaller or two.

Not worried about numbers or anything really.

I just am tired of seeing my BMI still say I am overweight.

It is a work in progress.

I have joined the gym in the hopes of tightening up some things and toning, but I have been down this road before and know reconstructive surgery is in my future.

I am just gonna follow the plan my nutritionist has me on and eat like she has taught me and work out and be healthy and happy no matter what the scale says.

Are you going to the conference in New Orleans?

I am planning on going.

Take care.
Teena Adler

meggieintx
on 4/28/11 2:24 pm - Fort Worth, TX
keep healthy thoughts and follow your plan...listen to yourself and dont stress on the numbers BMI is not the end all and be all in this life. Positive thoughts flowing your way!
Megan 
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views