yucky

marcijsmiles
on 6/18/11 4:33 pm - Houston, TX
So I'm feeling kinda yucky. All was well earlier today. My bf & I were sitting at Starbucks for a long time while he worked on a paper. It was time for me to eat so I got one of their cheese snack trays that have 19 gm protein. It went down well, and I felt fine. We left to go to Wal-Mart and on our way back home, I got sooooo nauseated. I was absolutely miserable. I layed on the couch with the ceiling fan on (thinking the heat affected me somehow) and was afraid to drink any water regardless that an hour had passed. About five hrs later, I could still feel the nausea but faintly. It was passed time to eat so I had a little chicken with a few beans. Within 30 min, the horrible feeling I had came back. Needless to say I finally vomitted, nearly seven hours after it all began, and felt great afterwards. I am now laying in bed and the nausea is kinda there again. What is up with that? Is it the Texas heat getting to me eventhough I am freezing cold? Anyone else have same issue?

Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/18/11 10:21 pm - Burleson, TX

MARCI-you are still early in your journey, and will probably have these experiences many times--but that's okay!! Didn't mean to scare you--sorry! Your pouch is still pretty raw/healing/getting used to eating/etc. Did the cheese tray at SBX have fruit in it? I'm 9 YEARS out and a grape can still nauseate me enough to put me to me bed SOMETIMES--then the next time-maybe not at all. ...okay..then you sat a long time at SBX..went out in the heat..and THEN went to WalMart...maybe just "too much" for one outing and your body was rebelling. How much water do you think you got in yesterday? As uber-important as PROTEIN is, it can't bea****er, IMHO. as for the chicken and beans, if your guts were already "irritated", it wouldn't have taken much to get them nauseated again. You might have been better off with just something soft-like just the beans, with some melted the cheese, and skipped the chicken.

Trust me, when I tell you, it's all a learn as you go" thing. as we are ALL still learning!! Please continue to come here with your questions/concerns, and we help you the best we can. Do you Facebook? Many of us do, and you may get  an answer FASTER (but come here TOO!). Feel free to look me up-Gina Derr Robinson

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Vivian Prouty
on 6/19/11 12:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Marci....let me add something to what Gina said.....I bet that wasn't fat free cheese or low fat cheese either.   I know for me....the fat will get me sometimes just as bad if not worse that sugar will.   You may have experienced a form of dumping.    Especially since you felt better when you finally vomited.   I know that when fat gets to me....I get more nauseated as the time goes by till my body finally gets rid of what has made it ill in the first place.   Try to watch and read the labels and make sure to try to stay away from "high fat " foods.    They get me every time and I am almost 6 yrs. post op RNY.   Hope you are feeling better now.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

marcijsmiles
on 6/19/11 11:03 pm - Houston, TX
thanks for the responses.  i am able to eat grapes no problems, but this was the first time i had apples.  i was careful not to eat the skin and for a split second, thought i might have eaten a small piece of skin.  i have not had problems with any cheese but i was a small amount as well.  i was unable to get fluids down sat due to the nausea; it made it worse.  i was so ready to just leave it all alone altogether after reading your responses, but.......yesterday i woke up and was feeling better.  i had a late breakfast and decided to go off to the gym; i left my apt at 1:00 pm and boy was my car HOT!  i get to the gym, get on the elliptical and started to feel nauseated again! 9 min into my routine, i became SOOOOO ill!  i ran downstairs to the bathroom & vomitted...vomitted nothing at all bu****er/phlegm.  i became drenched in sweat and could not cool down; i got a headache, light leg cramps and felt as though i was going to pass out. i had to open my bottle of cold water & pour some onto some paper towels & put them on my face. i went to the locker room and sat down slowly cooling down but still nauseated.  i went home with the AC cranked up full blast.  after researching, it turns out i was experiencing heat exhaustion both days!!!!  it is so hot that i didn't realize it because i am always sooooo cold.  luckily i was able to get 2 liters of water in yesterday after a nap and cold shower and am doing much better today.

meggieintx
on 6/20/11 11:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
honey, please take care and be really careful about the heat. if it happens again please call your doc!!

meggie
Megan 
AMYH-M
on 6/21/11 9:24 am - League City, TX
 You sound a little dehydrated.  A sip of room temp water every 5 or 10 min is good. Also, I'd stay away from fruit only 1 month out. When you do eat fruit, make sure you chew it really well and eat protien with it. At this point in your recovery, water is most important, then protien. If there is any room left for anything else, veggies come next. You have to be really careful early out, and you will feel like you can do more than you really can. I'm 3 years out, and occationally fruit will make me ill even if I chew well and pair it with protien. And other days, I can eat the same thing just fine.  Hope you feel better.
AMYH-M
on 6/21/11 9:26 am - League City, TX
 I forgot to say too, it was many months before I could eat chicken. Many people have a hard time with chicken early on. Even moist chicken is rather dense and dry to a pouch.
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 34 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 110 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 421 views