Tuesday WLS Express

Alissa A.
on 7/18/11 7:52 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING. Another hot time in the city- 100's as the highs and 80's as the lows for the next 7 days without a drop of rain in sight. Its really just like a beating sometimes, isn't it? So, today, hop on pool cars. Screw the misting car- immerse yourself in cold water today!

All Aboard!
Alissa A.
on 7/18/11 7:54 pm - Keller, TX
Today we say our final goodbye to Bryan's mom. It looks to be a long day but I pray that its one where everyone makes some sort of peace of what has happened. Visitation went well. There was a steady stream of people the whole time. Thank you Gina for coming!
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers today.
azurepenguin
on 7/18/11 8:49 pm - Arlington, TX
 Hey all.  Just a quick drive by. I'll check back in later today.

Alissa, I'm continuing to pray for you and Bryan.  I wish I could have gotten over to support you but please know you are in my thoughts.

Last night my best friend was in town on business and he came over for dinner.  He's on the road almost 200 days a year so getting to eat real home cooked food while on the road is a treat for him.  It was a treat for me just to spend some time.  Clint and I had a great time chatting with him and very much look forward to his next swing through.

Today I'm going to mop my kitchen floor.  I had a bit of a catastrophe last night.  I dropped my bottle of olive oil and it shattered all over the kitchen.  HOW FUN!! Broken glass AND oil to clean up.  I got the bulk of the mess cleaned up but I need to do a second and fully thorough job.

Prayers still going out to Meggie and Vivian and everyone else who needs them.

Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

Don 1962
on 7/18/11 9:07 pm
It ain't just hot in the city!  Back to fighting grime today.  

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Karla Lewis
on 7/18/11 9:58 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I'm heading to Houston. Ben is taking his GRE ( entrance test for graduate school) today. Since he is a Senior already at A& M, he's planning for trying to get in grad school after he graduates this year so he can work on his Masters degree.

I'm hanging out on Harwin jewelry shopping while he is taking it.

My sister is cooking dinner for a big group of family and friends for dinner.

Prayers for you and Bryan as youbsay goodbye today Alissa.

Meggie...hope you are healing well and feeling better!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 9:58 pm - GA
Good Morning!!!

Yesterday was definitely a 'rainy day'...according to the local news report, about 7-8 inches.  With all that rain, I now have the sniffles.  I may have to make a Walmart run for some OTC meds & kleenex.  At least today is suppose to be a 'dry' day.

With all that rain, it was a little difficult to look my best while interviewing.  The first interview went 'okay' and it is a very 'large' firm as far as CPA firms go...about 50 employees and two locations.  Their staffing needs has changed since their initial contact with me, but at least it was a good practice interview. They thought a person might be leaving, but now that person has decided to stay.  Second interview I thought went much better.  We did not discuss any salary at all, so that might be the only 'sticking' point if an offer is extended.  He said that he would let me know something before I leave to go home.

And last night I went out and did not get back to my hotel room until 130am...and I am definitely feeling it.  Guess I am too old to be out WAY past my bedtime.  Today you will find me in the 'napping' car!!  I need some more beauty sleep.

Saundra P.
on 7/18/11 10:41 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

Work and a little housework is all I have planned for the day. 

Alissa, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Continued prayers for Meggie and Viv.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

cajungirl
on 7/18/11 10:55 pm
Good Morning!

We had rain yesterday afternoon and again early this morning.  Thank God!

Today is going to be busy and hopefully productive at work.  Vacations are nice BUT darn coming back to all the work that didn't get done can be overwhelming.  Taking it one day at a time, it will get done in due time.

Conner has karate tonight, he is really LOVING it.  Makes me so happy that he seems to have found his niche.  He's also decided to be in band at Middle School (gosh I can't believe he's going to MS already).  We borrowed a saxaphone from my SIL to be sure he's really going to stay with it before buying an instrument. 

The summer is flying buy, already started buying school uniforms this past week.  Will be buying tennis shoes and school supplies in the next couple of weeks. 

Hope you all have a great day, find your smile and share it with others.  A smile goes a long way!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 47 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 122 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 432 views