THURSDAY WLS EXPRESS

Alissa A.
on 7/20/11 8:22 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING! Day 20 of over 100 degress. Fun! Fun!
Don 1962
on 7/20/11 8:48 pm, edited 7/20/11 9:00 pm
Yep, and about December or January we'll be wishing for some of this warmth!  

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Alissa A.
on 7/20/11 9:07 pm - Keller, TX
I'm not sure if I'll be wanting warmth or not this winter- remind me of that Don. lol.
Yesterday was a good day. Got my haircut at lunchtime and then took a tour of a food manufacturing plant, Ventura. Ever since I was a kid watching Mr Rogers I've always been fascinated on how things are made. So I love plant tours. And I've identified some jobs that our consumers could do I believe. Unfortunately its in Saginaw-no public transportation. Ate at a local cafe-JR's- in Saginaw. I'm sure their unhealthy food is good, but I should know better than to order a grilled chicken salad no dressing at a local dive. I got the oddest looks. lol. I was tempted by the burgers but I stuck to my plan instead.

Vivian-thanks for getting us started yesterday- was too tired to wake up and get moving in time to type. Gina- glad your intenet is back!
Phyllis-how did Amanda's consult go?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Phyllis M.
on 7/21/11 1:11 am - Irving, TX
Hello everyone

Her consult went good I guess.
I was surprised at some of the things that they did at a "free" consultation...but I think that she came out happy.....she didn't say much to me about it...but she has some appts made for her 90 nutritional counseling classes and then to get the necessary med records from her PCP and then she needs to obtain a sleep study -   I told her to schedule a PCP OV and go from there....

She has decided with Dr. Kim's help to go with the Sleeve -  because of her age....if she doesn't do well - then there is a possbility of revision to RNY at a later age if needed....

TTYl!
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 9:50 pm - GA

Good Morning!!!

I am hoping today is the day that I hear something on my 2nd interview that I had on Monday.  Trying to look at this time, as no news is good news.

Yesterday morning once again I made a price adjustment on my house.  Dont like being the highest price home in the neighborhood.  I have not had a showing on my house in the last 2-3 weeks, and with no showings there is no possibilities of a good offer.  The adjustment might be working as I received phone calls to show my house for last night, and another showing today.  I just need really need to get this house sold, so that I can really start moving on with my life.

Try to stay cool, and at least stay hydrated.

Karla Lewis
on 7/20/11 10:55 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. Busy day doing little odds and ends before I head to the Hill Country tomorrow for the weekend. Making some snacks to take, doing some laundry, packing,pedicures and swimming are in store.

Meggie...keep healing out out of the hospital so you can come home soon.

Norma...hope you hear good things about the new ob and your house soon!

Have a good day.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Saundra P.
on 7/20/11 11:10 pm, edited 7/20/11 11:10 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning everyone!

Jumping on before I have to start working.  Having a hard time getting moving so starting late today.  Going to Greenville for support group meeting tonight then dinner afterwards. 

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Vivian Prouty
on 7/20/11 11:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning TMB,

You are so welcome Alissa.   I got up at like 3:30 AM yesterday and I kept coming back to the TMB and checking for the train to be out of the station.   I finally decided to get it going since I had already posted all my daily posts on the message boards.    Thank you to everyone praying for my son.    Things are finally improving for him or seem to be anyway.    Please keep him in your prayers though.....he isn't past all this stuff yet and we are taking things one day at a time at my house.   I had a good nights sleep since I was so exhausted with not getting much sleep on tuesday night.     Hopefully today will be a great day for my family.    SO glad Gina now has her home internet up and running.    You do feel so lost without it.    Prayers going out for Bryan and Alissa's family and Bryan's family.   Prayers also going out for Norma for job and home situation and for our Meggie as she heals.    Praying she gets to come home soon.  Praying for anyone else in need of prayer.    Now...go out and make it a GREAT DAY TMB !!

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Phyllis M.
on 7/21/11 1:07 am - Irving, TX
WFAA ON FB posted yesterday that we only hit 98  and broke that 100 degree spell !!

I thought that all the media got their temps from the same location !!  go figure
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Don 1962
on 7/21/11 3:25 am
"Officially" DFW is the reporting station.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 55 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 130 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 438 views