Tuesday WLS Express- Who left the heat on?

Alissa A.
on 7/25/11 7:43 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING! Okay, whoever left the heat on, its time to turn it off! Our garage feels like an oven!

Today the train is headed towards Hawaiin Falls so we can swim and play in the cool water all day! Or maybe Turner Falls, OK where the water is spring fed-yeah, that would be nice and cold!

ALL ABOARD!
Alissa A.
on 7/25/11 7:50 pm - Keller, TX
Today I'm headed to Wichita Falls. I'll stay overnight and head back tomorrow late afternoon. I've got numerous appointments, including doing a job analysis of a restaurant worker at 4:30pm today. It will be a long day- lots of walking and being on my feet which is unfortunate because Sunday my knee popped again and its hurting. This time I was just turning to move in a different direction and every part of me moved except the knee. No fun. Its getting better though. It took about a week last time. My favorite part of staying in WF is the hotel. Its a new Courtyard and its so nice AND its in the parking lot of our office. So all I have to do is roll out of bed, get ready, and walk across the parking lot. Can't beat that commute other than working from home.

Meggie- prayers continue for healing for you. Can't wait to see you Saturday at CM. Gina-how's the back/hip doing? No more falling off ladders-that's my job, lol. Vivian- prayers continue for your son. I hope today is a better day. Norma- my parents are trying to sell their house in PA and they had a showing yesterday too. However, unlike you, they hadn't had a showing since May! I hope yours and their showings both turn into offers soon!

Have a great day everyone!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/25/11 8:13 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, ALISSA and all! Yep-another hot day-so blessed to be indoors these days. Last summer I did "all pt visits, all the time" , and it wasn't near THIS hot, and I was soooo miserable....Just the opposite these days-too many post menopausal women in the office (only 3-but that's ALOT!)-it's FREEZING in the office-I get a sweater on most of the time..yea yea.I know..always happy to have something to biotch about.lol...

ALISSA..so sorry about your knee--so please TRY to RICE it when you're not actively working, etc-hard to do when driving, etc..but do the best you can. Knees are so tricky. Hopefully there won't be any mandatory stairs to navigate. Thanks for asking about me. I'm gimping along pretty well-sleeping and getting in/out of the car are the toughest things. What makes me the maddest is that there is not a mark on me-no bruise-no red place-nadda-zilch-I must have fallen more 'Princess like" than I realized..harder to get sympathy without "proof" though...as bad as it hurts I should have glow in the dark/technicolor black-blue-purple!!! Sigh..more whining...

Hope everyone finds something TERRIFIC in their TUESDAY! For me, it will be work-did a crap load yesterday-feel good about it-and have a "plan" for today-always feel better if have a written plan for the next day, when the projects seem impossible (eat that elephant one bite at a time)..

Continues prayers, of healing, for our MEGGIE...prayers for VIVIAN and her family..and prayers for all the unspoken needs of our TMB family..

Have a GREAT day!!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 7/25/11 8:17 pm - Keller, TX
I've been RICE'ing it as much as I can. I don't have stairs that I know of-thankfully. I'm the opposite of you-I bruise for no apparent reason and then people gasp and ask what I did and I don't even remember.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/25/11 9:47 pm - Burleson, TX
During my recent hospitalization all my 90 gazilion blood tests came back with "perfect" results-the "blood of a 5 year old", my doctor said-really amazing-all that protein and those vitamins must be paying off!! All my "bleeding and clot times" were great too--so guess that's why I hardly ever get a bruise

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Don 1962
on 7/25/11 8:47 pm

I'd take another trip to Schlitterbond or another water park.

I come home from work and even if I have TRIED to stay in the office when I shed my vest the t-shirt underneath is soaked.  Speaking of which.  Need to get "suited and booted".

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 9:23 pm - GA
Good Morning TMB!!!

Dont shoot the messenger, but I did get rain here early last night.  Some of my flowers did need the watering,, so I am thankful for that.  The flowers in my main flower bed, are just thriving on the heat...part of it is in Lantana...so maybe that is why they are thriving.

As for me, the usual is on the agenda...that ugly four letter word...WORK!!!  Still havent caught up on my sleep & rest from this weekend.  Not much else going on here.

Have a Great Day!!!
Karla Lewis
on 7/25/11 10:11 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I'm up riding my bike and will be leaving for Houston in a bit. I have an appointment with a neuro masseuse that is supposed to help with TMJ issues and neck tension/ headaches. My friend Kathy B and I are both going and Ben is driving us. We are taking him to lunch at Kenny and Ziggy's.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Alissa, have a safe trip to WF. Hope your knee gets better soon.

Norma. I'm glad you got rain. My wisteria was blooming yesterday. The heat doesn't seem to bother it. My hydrangea is burnt to a crisp. We weren't allowed to water yards for a while, so that took it's toll!

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Vivian Prouty
on 7/25/11 10:27 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Alissa and TMB,

Yesterday was very interesting to say the least.    Glad it is over.   Hopefully today will be a much better day.    Hopefully really soon my life will be improving with all that is going on.   Please in the mean time keep us in your thoughts and prayers.     Life is hard sometimes BUT we CAN do  hard things when we have to.    Prayers for Meggie, Gina, Norma, Dana and everyone else in need of prayers.    Remember to stay hydrated today.   They just said on the news that we broke the record today for the hottest morning ever here.....86*.   That is hot for this time of day.    Have a blessed day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Saundra P.
on 7/25/11 10:59 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

Work is on the agenda today as usually.  I will be having to get out in the heat today, I pay some neighborhood kids to walk the dogs a couple of days a week and don't have any cash on me to pay them so I guess instead of a nap at lunch I will be running to the store. 

Might have to jump in the pool to cool off when I get back.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 47 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024