FINALLY FRIDAY WLS EXPRESS

Alissa A.
on 7/28/11 7:11 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING AND ALL ABOARD! This train is pulling out of the station early to get a jump on the day!
Alissa A.
on 7/28/11 7:16 pm - Keller, TX
I didn't fall asleep until 10:30pm and then I was wide awake at 2:30. I tossed and turned until 3 and finally got up and played on FB. Then I was hungry so I ate some protein-not much-hoping it would put me back to sleep. OH well. I am going to go lay back down and rest my body at least.
I'm meeting the wonderful Jenny for lunch today.

Had to take Chris to Care Now last night because he fell off a kitchen chair. He was standing on it to get a cup around 9am and fell -never mind that we have cups on his level AND a step stool- and landed on his knee. Well when I got home it was swollen and bruised and he said it felt like something sharp was poking him and that his foot was tingling. SO, I thought better to be safe. They didn't see any breaks but said if it doesn't get better to get another xray. So for now its RICE. I wrapped it last night but took it off overnight for him.

Not much else going on here EXCEPT I hope to see EVERYONE at Central Market tomorrow at 9am!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/28/11 8:02 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, ALISSA and all!! I was up earlier, than usual, too. I can work 7 days a week (and often have), but my body always seems to know when it's FRIDAY and Monday--guess it didn't want to waste any of Friday!!

ALISSA-so sorry about Chris-it's tough to RICE, at his age (well-for ANY of us), but hope he will at least TRY. Maybe you can get him engrossed in his handheld games, and he'll "forget" he's elevated/iced. At least he has an excuse to stay in the cool indoors.

Not much new in my world. Work work work today. Got a crap load done yesterday-gave a me a real feeling of accomplishment-lots of old pt medical records put together/audited/yadda/yadda/yadda--Still nearly all of 2011 to do..but at least they are not in piles on the floor anymore!!I have 2 support groups this weekend-am looking forward to both. Other than that, need to continue ALOT of housework and laundry, etc.

Still don't have pictures on the living wall I painted last week. Once I fell off the ladder, I was "angry", so I just kinda cussed at the wall all week, and let it stay nekkid-but it's bugging me now-so need to get stuck hung up.

Hope everyone has a FAB-U-LOUS Friday-claim in and make it your own!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 7/28/11 8:25 pm - Keller, TX
Yes he won't do ice because he says its too cold and it hurts. I have a cloth bag so its not like its ice right on him. Any ideas/suggestions?
Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/29/11 12:55 am - Burleson, TX
Actual frozen RICE in a bag might be a better trick for him-won't stay cold as long, but is not as heavy, or as confining

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 8:22 pm - GA
Good Morning Alissa!!!

I did get my CPAP mask yesterday, and last night's sleep was so much better.  And this mask is so much better than the other one...not so much 'in your face' as the other one.

Just the usual work on the agenda today...corporate tax returns are waiting for me to get to them.  As for this weekend, I am not sure how it will unfold...until it happens!!!
Vivian Prouty
on 7/28/11 9:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning Alissa, Gina and Norma and TMB,

I too woke up early but not as early as you did.    I have not even made it out of the bed as of yet.  Nor have I had any coffee.     LOL    I need to get moving.     I have the Sunny Street Cafe support group in the morning so I will miss you at Central Market.    BTW....I liked that meeting there I went to.  Hope to make it to your next one in 2 weeks.    Please still keep my family in your prayers if you would.  Have a blessed weekend and day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~~ Vivian 

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Karla Lewis
on 7/28/11 9:46 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. Ben and I are headed to Agfielandnto finish moving him from his old apartment to his Townhome at Campus Village today. I packed my swimsuit since it has a lazy river at the pool area, but I'm sure he won't let me swim there! Hopefully we can wrestle the bed down from the 3 story apartment without killing each other or screaming too much. We are going out to eat tonight, spending the night and then heading home tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/29/11 1:01 am - Burleson, TX
Karla-that "lazy river" sounds soooooo good!!! Maybe Ben will "let" you, if you promise not to wear your "I'm Ben's mom" tee shirt..lol..My boys would be the same way-no doubt. Richard is going to help Gaye's Steve move a bed from a third story apt, in the morning--I may go hide, in the bushes, and video it-talk about some cussin' and screamin' !! Have a great weekend-hope you find some water SOMEWHERE!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Saundra P.
on 7/28/11 10:45 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning everyone,

Two more weeks till vacation, I am counting the days.    My niece is coming over to clean the house and bringing the kids to swim afterwards.  I have to work so can't join them but I would rather swim when it's not so hot out there. 
Tonight going out to dinner when DH gets off work and this weekend I plan to do a little shopping.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 47 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024