Wacky Weather Wednesday WLS Express

Alissa A.
on 8/30/11 7:32 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING AND ALL ABOARD!
Alissa A.
on 8/30/11 7:41 pm - Keller, TX
Its the last day of August-finally. This month was long financially. Payday is tomorrow-woo hoo. Also my flexible spending dollars for this FY start Sept 1st as well. I have a dentist and doctor appt on the 2nd.

Today I'm going to Dallas for a retirment party for the lady who was my first rehab assistant, 14 years ago. She made learning to be a good counselor so much easier because she was experienced. I had never had an assistant before so she had to tell me- you know, I can do that, and then take the papers out of my hands. lol.

Not much going on here. I got video yesterday of my niece Abby crawling. She's getting so big and I miss her. I sure wish we lived closer. My sister that lives here is due November 2nd so at least I'll get to play with a baby soon!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/30/11 8:01 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, ALISSA and the rest of our TMB family!! The past couple of days have flown by, and it's ok with me if the these next 3 do the same. I'm looking forward to the holiday weekend. I know we're not supposed to "wish our lives away"..but..well..you know...

I gave 150%  at work yesterday, so I only owe 50% today-right? Unfortunately, Wednesdays are the busiest day of the week, and today is the last day of the month, so we have billing/care confs/staff meeting/the list goes on and on...if anyone feels the urge to call in a BOMB THREAT, to evacuate the building, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Y'all remember Teri?-"too tall teri"-had sleeve,  I think..Dr Stewart-she's in his commercials--she's a nurse-2 kids-lives in Ft Worth-ANYHOO-she's moving to Joshua-just a few streets from me-wanted her kids in Joshua school, now that they are high school age. I think she's moving this weekend. I'm so excited to have her in town!! Hopefully we can establish some sort of "excercise buddy" something. I miss the way TRACEY and I did it, when she lived closer. I'm too much of a slug, when left to my own devices. TRACEY and I used to meet at 04:45-we were so disciplined. I miss that...

It's so nice to see peeps "coming back" to the train-so many have come and gone over the years. I still talk to David W, about once a week. He's probably the one I miss the most-my "bubba"...The train may never be what it "was, but it can be what it "is"-love and support for US, and helping others the way people helped us along the way-and the way most us came together in the FIRST place! 

Okay..time to get with it..long day ahead..will check back of often as possible..LOVE y'all more than you can even imagine!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 8/30/11 8:10 pm - Keller, TX
Great on Terri moving closer. That's good news. I see her in Dr Stewarts commercials all the time!
Phyllis M.
on 8/31/11 1:02 am, edited 8/31/11 1:02 am - Irving, TX
I gave 150%  at work yesterday, so I only owe 50% today-right?

YEAH -  I love that thought...    that sounds good to me !!  
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Karla Lewis
on 8/30/11 9:20 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. Ready to head to work after a shower. Taking my sweet puppy boy to the groomer, which means I'll have to leave mid day to pick him up and take him home. Cookie dough to make when I get home from work and probably washing/ vacuuming car on the way home too. Have to keep to my schedule of chores!

Glad you will have a neighbor to exercise with near you Gina.

Norma, hope the move continues to go well. I know you are ready to get settled in.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

azurepenguin
on 8/30/11 9:22 pm - Arlington, TX
 Good morning my Texas friends!

Day 3 of classes.  I'm going to go in early because parking is insane by the time my classes start today and Friday.  Its a perfect opportunity for me to get some workout time.  A nice bonus of being back in classes is free access to the gym.  Since Wednesdays and Fridays my classes don't start until 9:30 I will enjoy hititng the cardio room early.

Tonight I'm going to spend some girl time with friends while Clint goes to practice.  I'm going to come home and bake some cookies to take with.

Have a great day everyone.
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

Don 1962
on 8/30/11 9:30 pm
I don't recall my alarm clock going off this mroning or did I turn it off?!  real well when I did wake up. 

End of the month report due in for me today too.  Have to keep my City Council happy.  

Fur child feeling better today.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Saundra P.
on 8/30/11 10:33 pm, edited 8/30/11 10:37 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning everyone,   Yesterday sure seem like a long day, hoping today goes by faster. I know I just got back from vacation but I am ready for the holiday weekend.  We don't have any plans of yet but I am sure we will find something to do. 

Agenda today is work, getting Rx filled and maybe a load of laundry.  I live such an exciting life.   

The pool is sparkling again so Charlie (DH) took a swim this morning, said the water was a little cool. I have not been doing any exercising so I might just take a swim this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Phyllis M.
on 8/31/11 1:09 am - Irving, TX
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !!

It is NICE seeing everyone posting on here lately..((((((Huggs)))))))  I usually don't ahve a whole to say....but  good morning and Hello !!

Im sure missing out on going to NO next month - gonna be quiet around here..:(   But I'll find something -  maybe some of us that have to stay behind can meet for a coffee or tea or something on a sat evening or afternoon?   I'm game....

Anyway -  I slept til 7am this morning.   I set my alarm last night - just didn't turn the dang thing on apparently   - I was laying there waiting for it to start yelling and it never did - so I pried open 1 eye and looked at the clock and it was 7:00 ... 
The good thing about living so close to work (less than 4 miles)  I can still get to work on time

Amanda started her college classes this week at Northlake CC here in Irving - now hopefully she will stick with it since this is Round III for these 2....:)    She is also currently going thru Dr. Kim's Bariatric program and had her 1st class on Nutritional classes (90 days required by my insurance companY)  I'm hoping with any luck she will be approved on try #1 like I was - and maybe be able to have it as early as January...

Not much else in my world.......
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 54 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 129 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 437 views