Monday Morning Check In WLS Express

Alissa A.
on 9/11/11 7:59 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning! Its time to check in-how was your weekend? What are you up to this week? Let us know!
Alissa A.
on 9/11/11 8:02 pm - Keller, TX
Morning all. Its just another day in paradise here, lol. Yesterday was busy but fun. My sister's baby shower was yesterday and I co-hosted it. We had lots of games and I was in charge of the prizes. I also made the cupcakes. The theme was 3 peas in a pod since she is having her 3rd baby. So, I made peas in a pod out of fondant and green skittles. It was a lot of fun to do. I"d never worked with fondant before.

Not much else to report today. I hope everyone has a great day today!
Don 1962
on 9/11/11 8:57 pm

Morning Alissa,

Weekend okay.  Lady friend from Conroe came up to the "country" to check out what life is like on this end of the drive.  Good dose of culture shock does a body good!

End result was eating too much of the wrong stuff and having my walking regimen get out of whack.  The scales are not my friend this morning.  

Work week is going to be screwy since we have folks in and out for school(s) this week.  It all pays the same!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Karla Lewis
on 9/11/11 9:25 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I'm back from the OH Conference in NOLA. Nit was smaller than the Texas conferences. It was a fun place to have a conference, but maybe too many distractions to keep people out of meetings. Enjoyed some of the sessions. I sure hope it comes back to a city in Texas next year. I think there will be much more participation. It was just a 6 hour drive for me, so not too bad. I weigh less than last Monday, so at is good after being around ll that good food.

Paige and I loved our cooking class at NOLA School of Cooking...it was fantastic.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Saundra P.
on 9/11/11 9:56 pm - Mesquite, TX

Good morning everyone,

So not ready for this week my workload is going to get heavier as one of my co-workers from CA was laid off and Wednesday is her official last day however she turns in her laptop today so pretty much means today. 

Had a good weekend, Saturday movie and dinner with sister and yesterday after church we took the dogs to the dog park then I got the privilege of doing the grocery shopping.

Work and a doctor appointment with a surgeon to see about getting a fatty knot on my arm removed is on the agenda today.

Prayers for Meggie that she gets better soon.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Phyllis M.
on 9/11/11 11:52 pm, edited 9/12/11 3:21 am - Irving, TX

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !!

I didn't post last week for the MMWI - but I did weigh !!    I weighed an UGLY   250 -  that was the weight that I weighed when I got pregnant with Amanda !!   It was my "magical" number that pissed me off and I decided it was time to do something.......yes - I finally got MAD !!     at myself - no one else.........wondering  - what in the ????   am I doing to myself?  

I have been doing a MOSTLY  all  liquid diet on Sat and Sun......with the exception of  ONE  (1)  UNO  meal a day is my plan..........Yesterdays meal was NOT a good choice -  My intentions were good...but I failed - like usual........but it was better after that..........I got up and dusted off and back on the wagon again....  It was easier for a change for me on the weekends to start this plan because on the 3rd job - weekends -  we can't snack at our desks............:)    

I worked most of Saturday...had plans with church family for a  TIMA  (Texas International Music Assoc) awards ceromony on Sat night........it was fun....but we didn't get out of that until 1030...made for getting to praise team practice yesterday morning just like a work day for me.:)  but I thought I'd take a nap yesterday afternoon and I didn't....     I ended up after church going out with friends from Church and then home to chill....I cleaned up my bedroom a little and played on computer a little.   Brought a little work home to do this weekend and failed to print out the address labels that I needed - so I didn't get to do those....so then I fell into the bored category and yepp - went to fridge.....good thing I didn't have any CRAP around....but I ended up eating a scrambled egg and 1 piece of toast w/ butter......NOT good....but oh well...it was ONLY 1.....
Could have been alot worse !! 

Anyway - we have the SSAE (formerly known as the SAS 70 auditors) in our office this week and a guy from HO here this week - and my team leader from  HOuston is here and sits behind me ...so if you all don't see me  replying much on here this week during the day thats why.....I'll reply when I can or text me........

Luv you all !!  

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Vivian Prouty
on 9/12/11 12:38 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Everyone,

It was about a 9 hour drive for us to NOLA....but the trip back took us about 11.    My GPS took us to a highway that was SHUT DOWN !!!!  Then we had to go way back to get to another one.   Not fun at all.   I am totally exhausted today.    So I slept in ( I rarely ever do that ).    The Conference was good. I almost needed a step ladder to get on the bed in the hotel.   I have NEVER ever seen a bed for high off the ground in a hotel.    The speakers were awesome as usual.    It was a totally different group of people at the conference too other than We fellow Texans.    But all in all it was alright.   I met some really nice ladies from La.    I can say I was ready to get home last night.    I saw WAY too much skin on the streets in NOLA.    Saw things I have NEVER seen before to say the least.    The old saying....there is no place like home is correct.     Prayers going out for Meggie and everyone else in need.   Love you guys and wish you could have all gone to NOLA with us.   Have a blessed day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Lalocaweta
on 9/12/11 2:28 am - Spicewood, TX
Happy Monday....

Have to go to library to use their Internet to take a test in my Rock and Roll History class. Since we have so many trees around our house, our Internet can be spotty at times. If it goes out while I am taking the test - I cannot go back into the test....
Then, it is off to Church to see if there is anything we can do today to help the fire victims of our area. We have adopted two "singed" kittens found at one of the destroyed houses. The Rescue group is going to find a vet to spay them for us and we are just going to keep them. The shelters are so overrun with pets from the multiple wildfires - the kittens would probably just be put down. We figure they made it through a fire and deserve to live. Once spayed they can stay outside. Granted they may be eaten by a coyote, but that is part of the natural cycle.
Working on eating right. Husband and I are now taking turns cooking dinner. Think he is baking chicken tonight and making a salad.
Saw grand baby yesterday - so that was wonderful She is eating real food and her favorite is tomatoes!
(Viv - I thought of warning you about NOLA....but you have to see it yourself to believe it - trust me Labor Day weekend was even more intense.....as it was a gay pride weekend and they were very proud of their body parts and showed a lot of them!)

Anne

"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 53 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 129 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 437 views