Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/19/11 8:22 pm - Burleson, TX
ALL ABOARD !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/19/11 8:35 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, TMB family! Hope this finds everyone feeling well. What did you do for YOU yesterday? I sat on the flat part of my butt and watched 4 hours of Dr. Phil reruns, and had a SPECTACULAR time. I was a BIT more productive the rest of the day....but here I am again..sitting...but it's so peaceful when everyone is either gone or asleep, and it's me, the chis and the remote..but, CRAP, Dr. Phil isn't on today....

Today's plan includes church, then whatever the afternoon brings. No walking today-it's the "scheduled" day off, plus I overextended my knee yesterday, and it's all jacked up, so need to give it a break. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Continued prayers for our MEGGIE-I know she is uber busy, and going thru a roller coaster of emotions...

SAUNDRA-how did your day with your dad go yesterday? I admire you and your sisters so much...

Traveling prayers for our TRACEY, as she boards the cruise ship today-and prayers for her extended family (there's a whole mess in them going-all the in-laws/out-laws) that T doesn't "accidently" knock any of them overboard...

Hope everyone has a safe/healthy day!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Saundra P.
on 11/19/11 10:07 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday went great, had no problems hooking up the IV and flushing the lines unless you call squirting some of the saline solution across the kitchen table a problem.   The IV antibiotic is pretty neat it's in a little bottle that has a tube and balloon looking thing so no pump or IV pole we can just stick that in his pocket.   

Today, I am being lazy and skipping church,  going to get my Thanksgiving grocery shopping done and maybe a little shopping.  Might me my sisters and Dad and go out to eat later.  Trying to talk Dad into getting out of the house.  He is on oxygen and he don't like the portable tanks.  He doesn't take deep enough breaths so when he is on those it drops.  I did get him to walk up and down the driveway yesterday.

Prayers for Meggie and her family.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/20/11 6:16 pm - Burleson, TX
SAUNDRA-did they give him shorter tubing for the E (portable) tanks? I don't know from personal experience, having never used an E tank MYSELF, but have had several pts SWEAR by the shorter tubing. It makes sense-not as far for the O2 to "travel." It also takes some getting used-the smaller tanks-and your daddy is right-they don't have the "power" of a concentrator-and if he's scared/anxious-that's just makes it that much harder to get air into him. Taking him for walks is an EXCELLENT idea. Taking healthier is at least 80% MENTAL, in my ever so humble opinion. Modern medicine can only take so us far far. You are SUCH a good nurse!!!! You can take care of me and mine ANY day!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Saundra P.
on 11/20/11 9:03 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thanks Gina for the enough and encourgement.  What lenght would you consider tubing to be short?  It seems short to me compared to the the one hooked up to the machine as he can pretty much can  wonder all over the house.  My understanding is the portable takes sense when you take a breathe and on releasing oxygen at that time instead of all the time like the machine.   I was wondering if the breathe right scripts might help open up is nasal passages which might help get more oxygen.

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/21/11 4:51 am - Burleson, TX
SAUNDRA-I called our O2 company and asked-they said they send max 24 inch tubing with their E tanks. I think the "Breathe right" strips would be a GREAT idea!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 58 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 135 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 440 views