Sunday WLS Express

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/26/11 6:45 pm - Burleson, TX

I honestly had to look at the calendar to be SURE what day of the week today is, before I put the "heading" on the train...sheesh..this getting old is tough...

ALL ABOARD!!!!

Be careful you don't trip over my walker and box of Depends...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/26/11 6:57 pm, edited 11/27/11 2:50 am - Burleson, TX

Good morning, TMB family!

Wish my bio clock knew we off work today. my "inner alarm" woke up my bladder, and from there I had brushed my teeth/washed my face/made my Click/turned on the coffee pot/fed the dogs/sat down with the laptop-all before realizing today is SUNDAY...crap...

This next  week will be a food "challenge", of a different sort. I have to MAKE myself eat extra carbs, thru Dec 3rd-the day before the White Rock race. My "plan" calls for me to get in 200 gram of carbs a DAY, while cutting back on protein-going against everything I've done the past 10 years. BUT-it will store gycogen in the muscles, and help to sustain during the half marathon, and help me not to die for the week afterward, like I did last year, or pass smooth out, in the road, like I did at Disney, in 2009. My pouch won't do rice, so mostly I'll do plain potatoes/oatmeal. The hard part will be UN-DOING my "plan" after the race. My book also STRONGLY suggests staying off the scale during this time-says "it will only hurt your feelings"-oh well we understand THAT! I can't even imagine 200 gm carbs a day-without "crap carbs", of course...Wish me luck!

Hope everyone gets home safely today-with lots of good pics and stories to share!

Continued prayers for our SAUNDRA and her dad and sisters

Have a great day-wherever you are-and whatever day YOU think it is!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 11/26/11 9:01 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning! You joke about the Depends but I swear, my bladder wakes me up at 3, 4, 5- you get the picture! Too much sometimes!
Its great that you are doing the 1/2 marathon. I hope you do well and are able to get the carbs in. You are incredible.

I invited someone to join our group. She had the sleeve surgery on the 14th and is related to a friend of mind. So, if Kim posts, please respond to her and welcome her. Cindy Powell McElyea is a FB friend of hers as well so hopefully she'll encourage Kim to participate as well. I told her that you all are great. So, don't make me a liar. hahaha

I'm off on our group get together times- when are we due to meet again?
We made it home after 9 LONG hours in traffic. I don't want to get into a car today, but we have to-church and groceries are a must.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Saundra P.
on 11/26/11 9:33 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

I spent the last two days at the hospital and last night I came home and went to bed at 7, woke up around 3ish and doze on off till about 6. 

Thanks for the prayers for Dad they are needed, yesterday he was really confused and was sleeping a lot last night sister text that his carbon dioxide levels were high so they are put him on some machine to help with breathing which I understand is helping, if it doesn't work they will have to but him back on a ventilator.    I just pray there is no permanent damage.

Today I plan to go to Sunday School and maybe do a little work as I can get a head start so I can free up time to next week to help with Dad/

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Karla Lewis
on 11/26/11 9:46 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning Gina. I'm up and even managed to sleep until 7 am. That is a miracle. Ben and I will go to SS and church this morning. Then come home. He is riding back to school with Brooke later this afternoon. hopefully Ross will go back to work in the next couple days after enjoying a month off with no pay.

Prayers for Saunda, her dad and her amily that he heal.

Have a good day.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Don 1962
on 11/26/11 10:43 pm

Getting old is not for the feint of heart, or so I hear.  I'm not planning on getting old.  If you'll believe that one I'll tell you that my flatulations ain't aromatic either!

Going to hustle around and try and make preaching then off on a coffee run.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

dee24242
on 11/26/11 11:27 pm - McKinney, TX
I thought I'd hop on for a rare hello!  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and had many laughs and made lots of good memories.

I'm still alive and still thinking about all my friends.  I miss seeing everyone but please know that I haven't forgotten any of you.

Gina - you have always inspired me and amazed me but this marathon thing just has me in total awe of you.  You go girl!

Have a good Sunday everyone!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/27/11 2:56 am - Burleson, TX

DEE !!!! Sooooooo good to see you posting. I think you often-as I know everyone does. Please try not stay gone so long next time.

Thank you for the kind words about the half marathon. It didn't kill me LAST year..just close..but I'm a year older now..prayers appreciated!!

Catch up on you, girl!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Deb *.
on 11/26/11 11:45 pm
Morning all!  Guess who?  I know I haven't been around in a while, but hoping to get back in the habit of coming over here and checking in on everyone.  Had a great weekend, lots of family time, a little shopping and watched Punkin Chunkin with Jeff last night.  We went over to the in-laws for T-day and had lots of cousin play time.  I love seeing Natalie play with her cousins and seeing how much they are all growing.

Gina - I'm so proud of you for doing the marathon!!  You're going to rock it!

Getting ready to head to church, then over to the in-laws again for leftovers.  This afternoon I'm going to get our Christmas decorations out and start figuring out where everything is going.  We don't have room for a real tree, so I have an idea for a tree on the wall.  I hope it turns out as cute as it is in my head.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Debbi
Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/27/11 3:00 am - Burleson, TX

DEBBI-thank you for boarding the train today. Your daily presence has been TRULY missed.

Your "wall tree" idea sounds great-can't wait to see the pics. Richard is coming up with some type stand/fence idea, to keep the puppies out of the tree/lights/etc..not quite sure what type monstrosity he will build. Your "wall tree" idea is sounding better and better!!

Your Christmas is going to be SO much fun with Natalie, with the lights and all-getting to see it thru HER eyes...I miss those days..such innocence

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 58 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 135 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 440 views