Monday WLS EXPRESS

Alissa A.
on 5/20/12 9:07 pm - Keller, TX
Wow- we're all running late- hop on board! I'm headed to work-will post later.
Vivian Prouty
on 5/20/12 9:25 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning Alissa and TMB Family,

Man am I FRUSTRATED this AM.   Not sure if it is the Internet screwing up or OH but it is running SO SLOW and FREEZING UP which both of those things together plus the fact that I didn't sleep well due to being worried about my son in Teen Challenge is not a good thing today.   PLEASE if you believe in prayer say one for my son Shawn.   He has been having chest pains every few hours and tightness in his chest along with numbness in one of his legs.    This REALLY worries this Momma alot to say the least.   I am seriously considering going to SA to see what is going on with him.    UGH Hate it when I am not in control of stuff like this.   He is going to ( hopefully ) so see a doctor today and see what is going on.   I am praying it is nothing serious or I will definately be headed that way.    I need to get a nap in sometimes later.   I am veryu frustrated right now due to the internet not working right.   I am praying it is just OH and not my internet service.    Have a great day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/20/12 10:55 pm - Burleson, TX

VIVIAN-worrying is only going to make it worst for BOTH of you. What is stopping you from getting in the car and just GOING? Is there anyoone who can rise with you? Maybe Shawn's GF, to help you drive? Pls consider booking a room, in case you need to stay all day, so you won't be looking at such a long round trip.

If I need not HAVE to work, I would CERTAINLY offer to go with you!

Godspeed, my friend, and pls keep us updated. A mama is a mama-the age of the "baby" does NOT matter !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Vivian Prouty
on 5/21/12 2:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Trust me Gina.....If I knew that they would let me see him or knew for sure what was going on I would have left last night or early this AM.   The thing is....they just don't let you see them whenever you want to.   You have to have permission.   I will contact them in a little bit if I don't hear something.  I do have several of the Intern/staff members cell phone numbers and I don't mind texting them.    His GF is home pet sitting...her parents are both out of town in Minn. right now.    I'm sure she is about as worried about him as I am.    You are right a Momma is always a Momma not matter how old or young the child/adult is.    I know he didn't want to worry me I could tell by the way he was talking on the phone to me yesterday.    I don't know why they didn't take him to be seen about yesterday unless they are going to try to get him into a doctor.   He has NO money though.   Geeezzzz.   Trust me I will update everyone when I hear something.    Thanks for your concern.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/20/12 11:05 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, all! I too, had trouble with the "OH bug", this AM, at home, my Yahoo was fine, so figured it was just OH having "growing pains"..It's okay..all in the name of progress..we get what we pay for..

Had a wonderful weekend, but now it's time to make the do-nuts (oops..I said the D word)...pay the piper...keep the wolves from the door...yadda..yadda...yadda...oh, but to be RICH, instead of so full of USELESS SAYINGS...

Many prayers for the survivors of CS and his mom-including US..we never really know what goes on in other people's minds, and behind their closed door. He had texted me 4 different times, over the past 3 weeks, just to chat-which was unusual. We were "friendly", but not really "close friends", if you know what I mean. Of course I am feeling somewhat guilty now, as I think any of would. I look forward to his "celebration of life", with our chosen family, on Wednesday. I will forever remember the Hallowwwn party, with him dressed as Charlie Chan-awesome..and I have made his "cream cheese crescent roll pizza thing" many, many times, as has my blood sister, Donna, who attended that same H party..

Prayers for VIVIAN's son..hope she is able to go see about him, in person, as I don't think she will be able to rest unless she does ( speaking as a mama, here!)

BIG shout out to the fine peeps of the RR Rox support group, in Austin (I never get their name right-pl forgive me)..the subject this month was "Emotional Eating"--gave me soooooooooo much to think about and work on-I hope JENNIFER posts the link here...

Have a MAR-VE-LOUS MONDAY !!!!--LOVE y'all more than can say in this little space !!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Don 1962
on 5/21/12 12:30 am

Back to work.  Ugggghhhhhhhh

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Laura in Texas
on 5/21/12 7:40 am
Prayers for Vivian's son and Chris's family today.

For me, this is my last Monday of the school year. I am so thankful summer is here. This has been a tough school year. Hard to believe I am closing out my 19th year in teaching. Only 8 more until I can retire 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Vivian Prouty
on 5/21/12 10:42 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Thank you for the prayers Laura.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/21/12 11:24 pm - Burleson, TX

LAURA-hard for ME to believe you have been teaching for 19 years---look at you-you gorgeous, YOUNG, lil thing!!!

I've been following your recent "life events", and am sooooooooooo happy for you and yours!!! True love DOES wait! Sounds like a Lifetime movie in the making--they always DO have happy endings, ya know!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Laura in Texas
on 5/21/12 11:36 pm
Awwwwww.... thanks, Gina!! You are too kind. Yes, I think my life could be a Lifetime movie. International adoption (twice) as a single mom, overcoming morbid obesity, and finding my lost love.

I've loved my boyfriend for 22 years. We were bff's in college, dated briefly after college. I broke up with him because I knew he had "unfinished business" with his ex, they got married, when I got thin I got the courage to find him again. He had just gotten a divorce. God definitely has perfect timing. I always knew we'd get back together. I just did not realize it would take 15 years!! lol

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 28 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 105 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 414 views